Chapters 28-30

Chapter 28

We pass through the gates of Camp Half Blood, the beautiful scenery compromised to a faint blur through my eyes.

"Where are we going?" Aera asks.

"Hogwarts?"

"What-warts?" He skids to a halt, and I follow suit.

"Ugggh. Doesn't matter. How fast can we get to London?" I ask, frustrated.

"Like England, London?"

"Duh..."

"Ummm, well, can't you, like teleport?"

"If I want to get my wand disintegrated into a billion little pieces, then fed to a hungry hippogriff, then sure."

Then it all clicks.

"Hey! Don't you have some mythological pearls or something?"

"Oh those. We don't talk about them."

"Why not?"

He paused, then whispered. "They come from the darkest part of our history."

I tilt my head in confusion.

"There's a story. A book was made of our heroic lives at Camp Half Blood. But then a company made it into a movie, and introduced the magic pearls. We don't talk about the story of the movie. It brought shame upon us all."

"Oh. Can we use the pearls? And can they travel in time?" I stubbornly ask.

"Yes and yes. It's the best way to escape."

"Where are they, then?

He reaches into his bag, and pulls out two shiny pearls.

"Why do you have these?"

"Hecate is the goddess of magic. And I'm a god."

I accept a pearl and throw it on to the ground.

"King's Cross Station, London, 2097."

Aera copies my words, and before I can say, "Weird magic pearl", we are standing on platform 10 of King's Cross Station.

The Hogwarts year doesn't start for nearly three months, but I have an idea.

Chapter 29

"Headmistress McGonagall?" I ask desperately over my mobile phone. Yes, Hogwarts decided to keep up with the times and bought a phone.

"Is this Harry Potter?"

"No it's not Harry. No, Headmistress, he left years ago. Remember his books? You were in them! It's Helena Everdeen. Anyway, I've called to let you know that I'm being chased. I'm in extreme danger, and I need to get to Hogwarts. I'm at King's Cross, and I've got a potential wizard with me."

"I'll send the Express."

After one hour, until the train finally arrives. Its glorious red paint gleams brighter than ever. I gesture for Aera to follow me. We step aboard the magnificent Hogwarts Express.

Seeing as this is an unforeseen event (even by the Divination teacher!), the trolley lady is not on the train with us, so we're very hungry for the whole trip.

"What do you mean, I'm a potential wizard?" Aera breaks the silence.

"Well, you're a descendant of Hecate, so it's likely."

"But I'm a god."

"Don't go saying that you're the god of luuurve. Eros might get angry. And his bow looks vicious!" I tease flirtatiously.

He leans forwards and kisses me.

"Is there any definite way to find out if I'm a wizard?"

I hand him my wand.

"Give it a wave."

He waves it. Nothing happens. He waves it again, harder this time. Nothing happens.

"Darn." he says disappointedly, reaching towards the table to put the wand down. But that's when a cluster of sparks burst out of my wand.

"Oh my—" I start.

"—I'm a wizard! I'm like you!" he interrupts my daze of astonishment.

Chapter 30

The train arrives at Hogsmeade station.

"This is Hogsmeade. Seeing as you've never done magic before, you'll have to join the classes for first years. I just don't get why you didn't receive your letter, when you were eleven... Even if you do live on another continent, you would still get invited..."

"Maybe the protection around camp prevents magical letters from the U.K?"

"Yeah, maybe."

Headmistress McGonagall is waiting at the gates for us.

"Ohhh my! Is this the potential wizard?"

"Not potential anymore. He is a wizard, I tested him myself." I reply.

She beckons for us to follow her.

"What's your name, boy?" she asks Aera.

"Aera, Headmistress." he replies in his standing-out American accent.

"You'll take your classes with the first years, but if you get good at magic, we'll slowly bring you up a year, so that you can be in Helena's year, the fifth years. I remember when Harry was a fifth year, he stood up against Dolores, oh that stupid little woman, Dolores..." she rambles.

I glance over at Aera, the sweet soul is listening to the old Headmistress.

I get out my phone and text my mum. Sorry I didn't get to text you earlier, but I've been kind of busy. They found me back in time, so I'm back to this year, but I'm at Hogwarts with a friend. Ummm, why didn't you tell me that I'm a demigod? Lots of love, Helena xoxo