My Mercy

"So, have you guys ever met in real life?" Acer asked me and Lizzi.

"Yeah, she lives in the apartment above me." Lizzi said. Her high wore off, and she was as normal as she could get. "She can hear all of my screaming and moaning." She added, and I sighed.

"What?" Acer asked, and I knew that he would soon regret it.

"I touch myself all the time." She said nonchalantly. "Like, a lot. So far, about three times within the last two days."

"Uhh...okay then." He said quietly, and quickly changed the subject. "So, what city do you guys live in?" He asked, and my phone suddenly rang.

"I'll be right back." I said to them, and when I put my headset down, I heard Acer and Lizzi start talking up a storm.

I grabbed my phone and answered it. It was Dr. Sandra McCarthy.

Fuck.

"Hello?" She asked. "Miss Raymond-Maykis?" She asked, and I waited a few seconds before hanging up. I put the phone down and slowly backed away, hoping it wouldn't ring again. But to my dismay, it rang again.

"Miss Raymond, I know you're here." She said when I answered it again. "I would like to meet with you sometime. How's tonight at seven? In my office?" She asked me, and I checked the time. It was two in the afternoon.

"Sure. Where's your office?" I asked her, and she sighed.

"Thank god, I didn't have to persuade you. It's downtown, Third and Spring street. It has a sign that says 'McCarthy Counsellors and Therapists.'" She explained to me, and I said okay and hung up.

I put the phone back onto it's base and took a few deep breaths. I turned around and sat back down on my couch and picked up my headset.

"Hey, Lizzi, I'm coming to your place." I said, and turned off my computer. I grabbed a beanie from a half-circle table by my door and put it on before exiting my apartment and heading down a flight of stairs. I approached a door labeled '11A' and knocked on it a few times.

"Get. The fuck. In here!" Lizzi shouted, and I opened the door and walked in to the smell of weed, and multiple other drugs. The scent hit me like a brick wall.

"Oh my god, Lizzi, how do you get away with this?" I asked her, and sat down on her lazy boy chair.

"With lots, and lots of money." She said, and my eyes widened.

"You bribe the lanlord?!" I exclaimed in absolute shock. In my mind, I mentally begged her to not say yes, and there to be a different use for her 'money'.

"Fuck no! How dare you say that?!" She freaked out. "I have products that can clean out the smells within no time."

"And I can smell those products from my kitchen." I said. She grabbed a small bag of marijuana and made a roll. She lit it and dragged. "Hey...uhh...I...umm...I've always wanted to...uh...try...one of those..." She looked at me with wide eyes and ripped up the joint.

"No." She said with a dead serious tone in her voice. "You don't. It will ruin your life."

"C'mon, I've never tried one." I said back to her.

I tried as hard as I could to convince her, and she wouldn't budge. Her response would always be the same thing. "Your life will never be the same." "You will ruin your life." "You will never go back."

"LISTEN YOU FUCKING BITCH," She yelled. "I'M NOT GIVING YOU ANY OF THIS FUCKING SHIT BECAUSE...because...because..." She sat down and buried her face in her hands, and I heard her start crying. "Because I...I don't want anything to happen to you."

"Lizzi..." I didn't know what to say.

"I don't want anything to happen to your adorable little face, and your cute little body." She stood up and paced around the room. "I just want to fuckin'..."

Please god Lizzi, don't say it!

"I just want to..."

Please don't say it! Don't say it!

"I just want to fuck you!"

What. The. Fuck.

She sat back down on her couch and calmed down.

"Senia," She said, and wiped away a few tears. "Ever since I first saw you, when I moved in last year, I immediately wanted to rip your clothes off and...and just...I just...you're just so...soo...beautiful." She laid down on her couch, and I saw her begin to cry.

I stood up, and sat down next to her. I rubbed her shoulder, and stroked her hair.

"Lizzi," I started. "Is there anything I can get you?" I asked her, and she nodded before sitting up on the couch.

"Can you get me some water?" She asked, and I nodded. I stood up and walked into her kitchen, which was filled with fruits and vegetables.

Strange. I thought.

I opened a cupboard, and took a glass. I looked at the tap, and saw a brita filter. I turned on the water and filled the cup halfway. When I was finished, I turned off the water, and walked back into the living room. When I arrived, I froze in place.

The cup slipped out of my hands, and fell toward the ground quickly. A high pitched screech echoed in my ears as the glass shattered, and water spilled everywhere. The glass flew everywhere and nearly cut my feet.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Lizzi was standing right in front of me, completely nude. Her top and bra were on the couch, her pants on the lazy boy, and her panties on the ground right in front of me. She slowly moved her hands down her smooth body, and took one step closer to me.

Her breasts pressed against mine, and I felt my heart beating faster, my breaths shaking and slowing down, my palms became clammy, and I felt...desire...for Lizzi.

I can't. I thought. Mercedes was who I liked. Not Lizzi.

She wrapped her arms around me, and pulled my body close. Her hands wandered down my back, and pulled down my pants. He lips crashed into mine, and I immediately pushed away.

"Lizzi, I can't!" I told her, and she cursed. "I...I already have someone."

"Fucking shit!" She shouted. "I'm sorry, I have...self control problems. I...I was...I had a really bad life, and this is the closest I've come to having a best friend, and I fucked it up!" I pulled up the waistline of my pants, and she sat back down on the couch. "I need to be alone."

I put my hand on her shoulder, before I turned toward the door and left.

As I walked back up the stairs, I pulled out my phone and called Mercedes.

"Hey, Senia!" She said, excitement in her voice. "What's up?"

"Hey, Mercy," I said, and she giggled.

"I like that name." She said.

"I'm glad you do, because that's what I'm calling you from now on." I told her, and I unlocked and entered my apartment. When I closed my door, my dog jumped off of the couch and ran toward me. It jumped up, put it's paws on my shoulders and licked my face.

I laughed as I pushed it off.

"Mercy, can you come to my place?" I asked, with a wide smile across my face.

"Okay, I'll be there in half-an-hour."