Chapter One

Chapter One

I hesitated in the door way, as my mother looked up at me, I couldn't believe what I was about to do.

                "Of course sweetie, what is it?" she asked.

                I sighed, "Mom, I need to ask you something. Now please don't just react right away and yell at me. I want to ask this, for Joey."

                "Alright dear, now what is it?" she was getting impatient; I could hear it in her voice.

                "Well, Joey has tickets for a concert and she wants to know if I can go too." I said, with a pause but then continued, "She already has a ride her mom is going to drive her, so you don't need to worry about me getting lost on the way there. Her dad is also going to pick us up."

                "Well, what time is the concert, where is it, and when will it be over?" she asked, I could tell she was going to play 20 questions with me now.

                "The doors open at 5:30, its downtown, and I think it'll be over around 10 or 11." I said then bit my lip.

                “As in Chicago?" she snapped.

                I sighed, "I knew this was going to happen."

                "What was that young lady?" she snapped at me again.

                "That was nothing, sorry." I said, "But yes mom, Chicago. I promise I'll be safe, plus there will be a hundred other fan, so I won't be alone. Nothing could possibly happen."

                She laughed, "Oh, so you think that just because people will be there as well, that someone wouldn't think to kidnap you?"

                "No, I'm not saying that mom. Please, I asked that you not yell at me. I just wanted to know. I'm sorry. I'll tell Joey I can't go." I said as I began to leave the room.

                I heard my mother sigh, "No. Come back here. You can go. I want you to go there and return with no complications, and no game playing. You'll need money right? Wait, you never told me when the concert is." she said, a little annoyed now.

                "Umm... It's in two days." I said shyly.

                She nearly fainted, "What do you mean two days? You think I just can pull money out of my ass Gabriella Marie Andriacchi?" she snapped.

                "No, I'm sorry Mom. Joey told me about this, twenty minutes ago." I said. "I had no clue she had two tickets, she just told me."

                "Alright, I'll go to the bank tomorrow. I'll give you a hundred dollars, for food and if you'd like anything from the concert, but that's it Gabriella. You have school work you need to be focused on, none of this concert shit. You have Harvard to be thinking about." she said.

                "Yes mother, I know. This is the only time." I said.

                I ran back to my room after my mother finally released me from her death glare, I jumped on my bed grabbing my phone as I fell. I had four text messages, all from Joey of course. I opened each of them up, so see what they said. Of course Joey was freaking out, because to her I was taking way too long.