Epilogue

Epilogue

Saturday rolled around, and I was happy because today I’d be enjoying my graduation party with all the people I loved. My mother and I had finally had a relationship I had missed so dearly. Cody and I were doing amazing, and I had a wonderful best friend.

                I got up from my bed, and started to get ready. Cody was still sleeping. When I was done he was nowhere to be found, but I knew he must have been in on some kind of surprise for me at my mother house. I was told not to show up with Rachael until at least 2. I decided to call Cody.

                “Hello?” he said into the phone.

                I smiled, “Where’d you disappear too.”

                “Nowhere, really.” He replied, and I could heard someone laughing. “Guys, shut up.”

                “You’re in the on the surprise, aren’t you?” I asked.

                He laughed, “What? No, I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

                “I’m sure.” I replied, “I’ll see you in a few hours.”

                I could hear Austin talking in the background, “Hurry up dude, this is getting heavy.”

                “Yeah, see you then.” He replied, “Later, babe.”

                “Bye, baby.” I replied, and hung up.

                I decided I’d go make myself something to eat, and I walked out into the living room. When I got there, Rachael was just getting up. She looked up at me, and smiled. I asked if she wanted something to eat, and she said yes. So I walked into the kitchen. I pulled out some eggs, bacon, and a box of pancake mix. I started to make the pancakes, while Rachael went to take her shower.

                When she came back, the food was done, and I was already eating. She made herself a plate, and came and sat down at the table. I couldn’t help but wondering if she knew anything about the surprise.

                “So you know any of the plans our mother have for us?” I asked.

                She sighed, “No, do you?”

                “Nope.” I replied, “The guys are in on it too.”

                “What?” she said annoyed, “Dammit. I just want to show up and know already, I hate surprises.”

                “So do I.” I replied.

                We finished up our breakfast, and then cleaned up our plates and the kitchen. Once we were done, we realized we still had three hours to waste, so we just decided to sit in front of the TV watching reruns of Family Guy.

                Before we knew it three hours had passed, and I was getting a call from Cody telling us we could finally show up. So we both got ready really quickly, and ran to my now fixed car. I started the car up, and we were at my mom’s in no time.  Once I pulled into the drive way, I got a gigantic knot in my stomach. I groaned, and Rachael patted my arms.

                “Everything will be fine.” She said,

                I sighed, “God, I hope so.”

                We both go out of the car, and started to walk through the house, only no one was in the house. I got to the sliding glass door and it had paper covering it. I let out a large sigh, before I opened to door with Rachael.

                “Surprise.” Everyone yelled.

                When we both stepped out into the sunlight, the guys were on a stage over my mother’s pool, and they started to play Dream Catcher. I smiled, as everyone greeted us with arms wide open. I started to get dizzy from all the spinning and greeting I was doing.

                “Gabriella.” My mother, Rosemary yelled, “Sweetie, you got your first letter from a college.”

                I smiled, “I did, give it here.”

                “Hurry, open it.” She said, as she handed it to me.

                She handed me the letter, and I got happy. It was the first response I had received, and I was excited to see it was from The University of Tampa. I started to open up the crease of the envelope, and I was getting anxious.

                “Gabriella Andriacchi, we are pleased to say, we loved your application, and we’d love to have you attending our school.” I read out loud, and I stared to scream and everyone looked at me, “I got accepted to The University of Tampa.”

                Everyone congratulated me, and Cody came running over to me, and I threw my body into his arms and he twirled me around. I was so happy to know I’d be only miles away from my boyfriend, and most importantly I’d be in a state, I had always dreamed to live in.

                “Why didn’t you tell me you applied?” he asked.

                I smiled, “I forgot, I did it before I had ever met you.”

                “How would you feel about moving in with me?” he asked, and I smiled. I started to nod my head, like a retarded seal, and began squealing as he picked me back up and twirled me again, “Oh one more thing.”

                “There really can’t be more?” I said, and looked at Rachael, she smiled, “Tell me.”

                He smiled, “Would you like to go on tour with us this summer?”

                “Are you serious?” I asked, he nodded. “Um of course.”

                I was beyond happy with how my day was already playing out, and it wasn’t even five. I smiled, and I ran into each of the guy’s arms, only to see Stephan come outside the house. I sighed; I wondered what new he’d bring for me. I walked to him, and he congratulated me. I smiled, and gave him a hug.

                “I know you’re here to bring me news about the search.” I stated.

                He smiled, “I am.”

                He handed me a folder, and I took it. I sighed, but opened it up. I was shocked at what I saw, the picture that was in it. I spun around, and looked straight at him, I couldn’t believe what I was seeing, what I was reading. The person I had thought of as my brother, was in fact my brother. I smiled, and he raise his brow at me.

                I smiled, “Maxx.”

                “Yes Gabby?” he asked.

                I went running at him, and threw my arms around his neck. He was shocked at my reaction, but embraced my hug. I started to cry, and when he put me down, he placed he hands on my cheeks, and he was worried. I let out a huge sigh of relief.

                “Maxx, you’re my brother.” I stated, and smiled.