Ecstasy

CAUTION:Mature/Adult Situation(s)...Not Suitable For Young Children/Teenagers

"What? That's insane! I c-can't do that," I shook my head, a stretched curl swiped against my cheek and fell against my lips. Ivanna stood still with a calm smile, but I declared, "I won't do that."

I knew she wanted me dead, but so quickly and obviously done? What was the protocol for a fallen whore? Could a whore fall again? And with a man other than her master? Did it make sense? Was it even....tactless?

My reasoning faltered and my lips moved gently to every thought in my head. My eyes strayed from Ivanna's face to her pure white dress.

I questioned my reasoning. How had my mind so easily betrayed Ivaylo. I didn't love him, I didn't even like him, but in my current state I was his. But did I owe him anything? What would it hurt to have sex...consensual  sex with another man? Would that make me wrong?

 I was tainted already, I'd been raped once and had drugged myself to numbness on more than one occasion to free myself of guilt.

Guilt that wasn't mine but his! Damn him, Damn that bastard Ivaylo for putting all of his shit on me, as if I and not HIM were the person at fault!

Before I'd shook my head, now my body shook with uncontrollable fury. When would I be free of these people?

"You will if you want to live," Ivanna lifted up her skirt where her knees would have been, though the fabric still scraped the buffed floors, "I don't mean to come off as a bitch, but if you don't do what I say then I will have no problem showing Ivaylo these pills."

Her lips were still sweetly pulled upward in a smile but her words were like a two-edge sword. Her irises flared. Her wolf ruled.

"You wouldn't," I faltered in my assertion.

Who was this woman before? I didn't know anything about her except for her age, her current status and the fact that she was barren. I didn't know her and as far as wishes went I didn't want to.

"Sweetheart you have no idea of the horrors I am capable of." She bared her teeth, sharp canines shined, "I'm offering you a chance that none of the others have encountered. Unlike them I hate you a little less."

Comforting.

"It's not your fault that you're here, but that doesn't alleviate the urge I have to snap your neck in half and feed your head to the ravens."

I massaged my throat and winced. She was badass.

She dropped her skirt and clasped her palms in front of her dress again, "And despite his misstep, over and over again," she inclined her head with each 'over', "and his blatant disregard to the oath that binds both of us together 'I' actually love him."

But did he love her? I was too tired to ask.

"And I want my husband to...." She stopped here, pressed a dainty index finger to her rosebud lips, furrowed her brows, and then continued as if nothing had happened, "Is it a deal?"

"I-I don't know."

But I did know. I knew at that very instant that I was horrible enough to give away a child that hadn't been conceived for a chance at freedom. I was hungry for it. My wolf howled for it. My humanity dwindled to nothing. I disconnected the thought of having a baby. It wouldn't be my baby; it would be Ivaylo's no matter what.

Sadly, the thought didn't pain me as much as it should have, I should have noticed then that Ivaylo had affected me in a way that was unforgivable. I'd become calloused in the space of four months, would I be completely heartless when I gave birth?