Lonely

WARNING: SLIGHTLY IMPLICIT/EXPLICIT SEX SCENE. DO NOT READ IF UNDER THE AGE OF 16.

The woman who stood before me didn't look like the woman who gave me nightmares. She sat comfortably on her black marble desk with her black jean clad legs swishing from side to side while her palms held the edge of the desk. Her hair hung down her back, loose and wild, as black and iridescent as a raven's coat. She smiled at me.

In the tall black plush chair that stood just a few feet away from her, I swallowed hard.

"You're wondering what I'm going to do to you for disobeying me."

I nodded slowly and bit my bottom lip. She had quickly pulled me into what she called her "Conference Room" after we had arrived. I couldn't think about much besides the look of betrayal on Andrey's face, and the conflicted look of pain and relief on my mother's.

Would he forgive me?

"Well...I'm feeling unlike myself today. It's a beautiful day—is it not?"

My stomach flipped, and I nodded quickly.

Her color-less lips spread even more and she laughed, "Life is so amazing. And you have one growing inside of you. For that, I will forgive you. You've done well."

I breathed in relief, and unloosed my cramped fingers from the fists they had been in my lap. I was ok, for now.

"What are you going to do with my baby?"

I clamped my mouth shut, but it was too late. I'd already said it, and Ivanna's lip twitched at it.

"I mean," I moved to correct myself and stumbled as a wave of nausea from the baby overwhelmed me. I swallowed hard and averted my eyes from her, "What do you want to do with it...you never told me?"

"That's none of your concern. You want freedom, and I want a baby. You can't have both...I'm sure you know that."

Did I want the baby? The growing ache in my heart said I did, but...

"What if I change my mind..." the ache grew as I spoke. My heart palpitated. I felt the nausea. I envisioned a little pale baby in my arms. What if I was making a mistake?

"What if I want to keep my baby?"

She sat up straighter, and her nails lengthened, "Then, I will kill you."

My heart quickened and the queasiness rose again. It assuaged for a moment, but came back stronger than before, and I clutched my belly in a reflex, "Me and the baby?"

"Yes, of course."

"But that wasn't part of the deal...y-you never said anything about killing me."

She grinned, and her canines had sharpened, "I never said anything about allowing you to live before we made the deal, did I?"

"You were going to kill me?"

"I've killed before. I can do it again...easily."

"But Ivaylo wou—"

A slender hand grasped my throat and squeezed. I choked as a now crouching Ivanna stared down at me with black rimmed amber eyes, "Ivaylo is a sex craved imbecile. Do you really think he would hurt me? He would kill his own brother before he touched me."

I wrapped my palms around her wrist and gasped. My vision split in two as she tightened her hold and smiled, "I think you should remember who is the more powerful of the two. Ivaylo's power is in his dick, mine is hidden. He's my husband, not my warden."