Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten        

  I hit the floor and pain immediately shot up my back. I groaned. Ouch. Again, I had rolled off my bed and fallen to the floor. This was how I woke up almost every day, I was almost used to it. Too lazy to climb back to the bed, I snuggled on the floor, turning away from the morning rays of sunlight that streamed through the windows.

  Without my comforter, it was freezing. I felt goose bumps form on my upper arm and I rubbed them, trying to fall back to sleep. No such luck, however. Sighing, I stared at the ceiling, trying to gain my bearings.

  Oh, right.

  I was supposed to meet Nathan at eleven today. Craning my neck, I glanced at my alarm clock. 10AM. Shoot. Poopyhead.

  I muttered a long string of ‘curses’ under my breath. Well, curses like ‘poopyhead’ and ‘cow tities’.

  I immediately got up from the floor and ran to the shower.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

  I stared at the clothes inside my closet. What would I wear? I knew, at the back of my mind, that I wanted to impress Nathan. Badly.

  I soon settled with something pretty simple. As much as I wanted to impress the school’s most wanted guy, I wanted to let my inner, unfashionable self, shine through. I wore a shirt that said I’m, not short. I’m fun-sized.

  I paired it with an elbow-length yellow hoodie, a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, sneakers and my heart pendant. I smiled at my reflection in the mirror. I loved my outfit. Simple. I quickly slathered on my orange-flavoured Baby Lips and ran a brush through my hair. No make-up. No way. NEVER. (Pic of outfit to the side! à )

  I glanced at the clock. 10.45AM. I had time before Nathan came.

  I then took out my diary. Judge me, I write almost every day.

  Dear diary,

  Audrey here, as usual. Getting bored of me yet? J Anyway, yesterday was my first day in my new school and remember my start-anew plan? Well, it failed. So to cut it short, I had a cutting session to end my day. And then, at about 3am, I received a text (I’m as surprised as you are, trust me). And it was actually from Nathan, the school’s popular guy. Yeah, cliché. He asked me to meet up with him at 11 and it’s- OH SHUCKS IT’S 10.58 NOW BYE!

Yours,

Audrey

I grabbed my bag and ran down the stairs. Unfortunately, I must have been going a little too fast, because I tripped. My face landed on the edge of a step. Oh why, of all places, the edge of the step?

  My nose was throbbing. I grabbed it and my fingers came away bloody. Dad had already left for work, so I was completely alone. I lay in my position for a while, just like a beached whale, sulking and depressing over my life.

  And then, someone burst into the house. I looked up, hoping it was Dad.

  Turns out it was not Dad.

   Nathan walked in, hands in pockets. He looked up and recoiled at the sight of my bloody face. “Audrey?”

  I groaned and slumped down, hitting my head on a step in the process of doing so.

  '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

  “Ow ow ow, stop it!”

  Nathan sighed, still pressing the bag of frozen peas to my face. “No, I’ve got to do this until the swelling goes down. Sorry.”

  Tears pricked my eyes. The swelling hurt. A lot.

  “At this rate, we’d be here the whole morning,” I muttered. So much for impressing Nathan.

  Nathan chuckled. “It’s okay. Not like I have anything better to do.”

  We continued talking for about half an hour or so. With him, I never seemed to run out of things to talk about. Turns out behind his ‘bad boy’ image, he was pretty sweet and intelligent. At one point, he reached for his bag and took out the Science worksheet we were supposed to research on. “Let’s start working on this.”

  I sat up, but he quickly put a hand on my shoulder. As cliché as this may sound, his touch left my shoulder tingling with electrifying sparks.

  His face was serious. “Nope, we’ll have none of that. Lie back down.”

  I obliged grudgingly, staring at him. Nathan’s forest-green eyes were mesmerizing.

  “Take a picture, it’ll last longer,” he joked, smirking at me.

  My cheeks heated up under the bag of frozen peas that were thawing. “No, it’s just,” I fumbled for words, “your eyes are really nice,” I continued honestly.

  He shot me a radiant smile. My heart thumped faster.

  What was this? Why was I feeling this way? I certainly was new to these kinds of feelings. I tried to convince myself that Nathan was merely an egoistic guy who meant nothing to me, but my heart was not so sure. It seemed to contradict with what my logical side of the brain was thinking at the moment.

  “Uh, earth to Audrey?”

  I snapped out of my reverie to see Nathan looking at me perplexedly. I smirked. “Take a picture, it’ll last longer.”

  He laughed and then we got started on the worksheet. I did not know it then, but as Nathan and I were working on the worksheet, searching for information in the laptop perched on my lap, someone was watching us. Or rather, tried to watch us.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

CLIFFHANGER. Hahahaha sorry, I couldn't resist. Anyway, I AM BACK! *looks around, waiting for cheering noises*

No? Okay :(

So I hope you've enjoyed this chapter. Love you all!

Talk to me :D

READ <> VOTE  <> COMMENT

-Aretha :)

-Accidentally-