Chapter Six

"Audrey!" I heard someone call. I spun around to see who it was. Nathan James Sykes was sprinting towards me. Yes, Nathan. Running after me. Girls shot suspicious and envious looks my way. Darius raised his eyebrows, wanting an explanation. I mentally told him that I'd tell him later ad hoped with all my heart that he was capable of telekinesis.

  Nathan reached me. He bent down, clutching his sides and breathing in ragged gasps. "I ran all the way from the English Theatrette," he managed.

  I stood patiently with Darius at my side. I wanted to appear nonchalant, which was completely contradictory to what was going on in my head. After a while, Nathan straightened up and handed me his phone. "Here."

  I took it and stared at it blankly. I was seriously befuddled.

  Nathan stared at me, biting his lip. "Well, go on then," He said uneasily. Huh?

  "Um.. sure, okay." I switched his phone on. And realized something. I was holding an iPhone. He had an iPhone. An iPhone. iPhone. Gosh. It was truly a stark contrast to my phone, which still had a manual keypad.* 

  "Oh my gosh, an iPhone .." The words escaped my mouth. I mentally slapped myself.

  " 'Sup with that?" Nathan replied, incredulous. I shook my head vigorously.

  "Well, okay then, could you hurry please? I only need your number."

  OH. My number. I felt so stupid, I wish a hole would magically appear and just swallow me whole.

  I swiped the  page with my thumb and saw a telephone sign. Maybe that was it. I touched it and then looked at the list of contacts that he had. Wow. 430 contacts? Seriously? I only had four. My family's and my home number.

  I touched the plus sign and keyed in my name and number, my fingers fumbling over the keyboard. How on earth do people type in this thing?!

  When I was finally done, I handed Nathan's phone back to him. "Thanks, uh, catch you later?" He mumbled, heat rising on his cheeks. "Yeah, sure, um.. okay! Bye!" I exclaimed awkwardly.. like an idiot. Nathan gave me a strange look and sauntered off.

  Darius was leaning against a locker. He gave me an amused smile, but I could tell something was bothering him. I sighed. What had I done this time ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Hey guys, I just got done with my geo homework and decided to do some updating. Be sure to read Meant To Soar, my other story. I only need ten more reads to reach 1000 :O Thanks and I hope you've enjoyed this chapter :) Love, peace and sour cream, Aretha xx

*I don't have anything against keypad phones, just emphasizing on the fact that Audrey is actually missing out on the latest gadgets. Keypad phones are cool actually, they're simple and easy to use :D