Chapter Three

"Wait, wait.."

  "Audrey, hurry up!"  Darrius said exasperatedly. "We're going to be late. You brought everything, you've checked at least twice. Now come on! "

  I sighed and zipped my bag, careful not to drop anything. Science was my favorite subject, and I wanted everything to be perfect for my lab lesson. Darrius was now walking ahead of me, and I struggled to keep up with him.

  The warning bell clanged, and he broke into a run. I followed him and when we arrived in the Science lab, we were breathing in short gasps and our faces were streaked with sweat. The students in the classroom were looking at us amusedly. I felt heat rise to my cheeks and I stared down at my Converse sneakers.

  I took a seat next to Darrius as the teacher walked into the class. "Good afternoon, class! I trust you're all feeling recharged after recess break?"

  Some students nodded and murmured in agreement. "Well, I'm Mr Higgins. Before we do anything today, I have to assign lab partners for all of you."

  I groaned inwardly. Why couldn't we choose our own partners? 

  Mr Higgins stalked up and down the rows of tables, randomly assigning partners. As soon as he came up to our table, I stiffened. "Well," He scanned his class list. "Mr Antonio and Ms Stebbings .. both of you will be partners." 

  Darrius shot me an apologetic smile and I shrugged, futilely attempting to hide my rising panic. Everyone had been assigned partners except for me. 

  "Well, I suppose you are..?" 

  I cleared my throat. "Audrey Bernadette Carson."

  Mr Higgins chuckled. "Oh, I've always found your initials interesting. A.B.C. That's nice."

  I smiled politely as he went back to his list. "There's supposed to be one more student here .." He mumbled, confused.

  As if on cue, Nathan Sykes from The Wanted sauntered into the classroom. Everyone's eyes flitted to him. The room errupted into longing sighs from the girls. "Ahh, Mr Sykes .. You're late."

  "Got that right, buddy," he replied nonchalantly. My jaw dropped. 'Buddy' ?! What on earth was this guy thinking ? It was the start of school, and first impression mattered. A lot. 

  "Well, don't repeat that mistake!" Mr Higgins said, obviously flustered. "It's the first day of school, I can excuse you this time. But only this time!"

  Nathan bowed, whipping off his snapback. "Glad I'm at your mercy, Sir." 

  The class exploded into giggles. Mr Higgins turned red. 

  "Alright, Ms Carson! Mr Sykes will be your lab partner. Please take a seat next to Audrey, Nathan," Mr Higgins said loudly, gesturing to where I was seated.

  Nathan stalked towards me, a grin plastered across his face. "Oh, it's you!" He exclaimed upon recognizing me.

  Oh dear. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  HEY !! :) Here is my Chapter Three, I hope you guys like it. Please vote and comment what you think.. it would mean loads to me. Also, I'd like to give credit to one of my best friends, Rashmita . Here's her account --> @Rashmitashenoy 

  She's so encouraging and was there for me when I wanted to delete Meant To Soar, my other story, due to copying issues. She convinced me to continue. She's amazing. 

  Comment, vote and fan ! Luv yah guys :)

  One more shoutout : izzy_mohamed 

She's really supportive and has been commenting on my last two chapters :)