Chapter thirteen

Katniss's POV Final Interviews

        After Haymitch tells me what to do I hear my prep team arguing over Blaze. "NO I ALREADY CALLED BRINGING IT TO KATNISS!!!!!" Flavius screams with his face turning as red as his hair and Octivia glares at him as a silent Vena stands between them. "Vena hold my ear rings! I'm going to wash out the dyes in that curly hair you red headed idiot!" "Guys!" Vena says holding them back and Cinna comes over with Blaze sleeping soundly. "Here's your beautiful daughter... She fell asleep after I sang her a lullaby." I nod a thank you and kiss her nose. Then Cesear calls for me to come on.

            I walk on the stage and know there is a close up on Blaze as she is sleeping. Peeta stands in his suit and walks over to me and wraps his arms around me and his "daughter". He kisses my lips gently and I grin. He brushes her soft cheek with his thumb. She smiles and he smiles. "I love you... I love both of you." He grabs my hand and walks me over to the couch. Then the interview begins. "So what was your reaction to finding Peeta Katniss?" "I was the happiest person alive." Peeta takes my hand and the audience squeals.

        "And what about you Peeta?" "I mean she saved my life." He says and I shake my head and look at my  daughter and Peeta. "We saved each other and our child." Everyone gives us a standing ovation. President Snow comes over to us with a smile with the crown. Peeta holds Blaze and he sets the crown on my head. "Congratulations." He says with a smile spreading through his red, puffy lips. Then he flips my dark hair off my shoulder and sees my Mockingjay pin. "What a lovely pin." He purs and I look him dead on.

        "Thank you it's from my district." Then he glares at me. "They must be very proud of you." And he says this with anger and disgust... But it doesn't scare me because I'm coming home.

                                                        -  -    -    -  -  - Train- - - - - - - - -

           I look out the window with Peeta next to me as Blaze naps before we are reunited with our home. "So what do we do next?" Peeta asks and I look at the woods as they whiz past us and I shrug. "I don't know... Maybe try to forget." He sighs and shakes his head. "I don't want to forget." As we are standing at the train station I wave and smile with Blaze in my arms, quite likeing the attention. Then I see Prim waving and blowing kisses on Gale's shoulders. "Gale." I look into his eyes and he smiles with a tear running down his olive cheek and he mouth's one thing. "I'm so sorry."  I feel tears running down my cheeks and all I want to do is fall to my knees and let go. "I'm home! I'm finally home!"

                                 Snow's POV

                        I watch her and the celebration and shake my head slowly. "Sadly Miss. Everdeen I'm not through with you." I mumble and laugh quietly with my throat burning and I couch up some blood in my handkerchief and sigh. "She has set something in motion and now I am going to stop it." Then I walk up the steps and shut the doors to the control room and leave the happiness behind me and go to my office. She is done.

                                                                     END OF BOOK ONE

I want to know if you guys like the name and Snow's POV so comment and vote please I love you all!!!! The next book is called "False Victory" remember that or just go onto my profile to find it!!!!! :))))))))))