Chapter Eleven

Peeta's POV 19 hours later

       "Katniss you're doing so well come on!" I have no idea how I am doing this but she keeps pushing.  She seems she is in so much pain and the only thing she can do is whimper and let silent tears stream down her face. I kiss her four head not knowing what else to do. Sweat slides down her face and her grey eyes show fear and pain. "Come on Katniss we're going to do this... I promise it's going to be over soon."

    Katniss's POV

                  I nod slowly as burning pain comes from my pelvic area and look up at Peeta. "I'm so tired Peeta." "I know please just push." I sit up and push. The terrible burning pain comes and it takes everything out of me not to scream. Then I stop short and gasp and Peeta takes off my jacket because now I am unbearably hot. He looks down and grins up at me. "The baby has your dark hair Katniss! Isn't that great? Come on just one more push!"

        I nod slowly feeling a bit sick to my stomach at thinking I am going to be a parent in less than a minute. Then I bear down and let a agonized scream out for all the pain I've went through during the last nineteen hours and I feel Peeta's hand's sliding down my inner thighs with a tiny form. It's silent for a moment and then a beautiful shrill echos through the damp cave.

           "Good job Katniss it's a girl!" Peeta says with a little laugh. I smile weakly and then start fuzzing out and I hear Peeta panicking. "Katniss I-I can't stop the bleeding-" "Peeta... Take care of the baby." Then I black out to the sound of my daughters cries beckoning me to stay awake... But I am pulled under.

Prim's POV

             I sit in Gale's lap crying and he sobs quietly. "I killed her." He whispers and I put his face between my tiny pale hands. "No Gale it's not your fault... It's mine, If I was never chosen she would be here and enjoying her baby... Me and mom know how to stop the bleeding easily but now she is dying slowly." I say and keep crying. We watch Peeta pushing down on a cloth to her privates to stop the bleeding but it's not working. The baby is whimpering next to them and Katniss starts gasping painfully. "Prim... I'm..... So....... Sorry." Then I just cover my face in Gale's shirt. "Please Peeta... Just let her die." I whimper. Then he stops trying and then her cannon fires. "Ladies and gentlemen.... Katniss Everdeen is dead." Claudius whispers with a tear running down his cheek. "My sister is dead."

   Gale's POV

           I get up quickly and run to the woods. I hike up to our hill and scream, throwing a rock to the distance. I throw and kick things for about ten minutes and then sit there looking off into the distance. "They took her from me... And Prim who needs her the most and our child." Then after years od my life I break down  into angry sobs thinking about her agonized last words. "I'm so sorry Prim."

      Effie's POV

         I break down into tears next to Cinna and Flavius. Cinna has tears running down his cheeks as we watch her orphaned child scream for her mother. Haymitch rubs his temples and sighs. "Our punishment... She or any other tributes did nothing to deserve this and now her child is motherless." He mumbles and I try keeping my mascara from running. "I agree Haymitch." I stutter and Cinna lifts a glass of wine. "For the honor of Katniss Everdeen the girl who was on fire." We all lift our glasses and then Flavius drops hers and breaks into sobs and then I follow as Haymitch sniffles.

   Peeta's POV

      I look at her still chest as I hold her unnamed child and feel tears running down my cheeks. I grab her knife and cut the cord quickly and the baby starts screaming for her, begging for her mother to wake up. I hold her close to keep her warm and kiss Katniss's cold lips and smile through the tears. "You delivered Katniss... A beautiful baby girl." Then I burst into uncontrollable sobs and on the microphone I hear all the Capitol crying with me and her child. 

           Well this is not the end ladies and gentlemen... What's going to happen next? Who knows! Tell me if this is sadder than Rue's death! Comment and vote. Maddie :(