Chapter seven

Katniss's POV hallucination

                                                            "Daddy!" I scream as a child and run over to my father who's arms are opened wide. "Come here Katniss!" He says and I go to jump in his arms and then he turns into a cloud of coal dust. It beckons me to follow it to the mines and I go down the elevator and every level i go down the older I get and when I get to the bottom i am sixteen, I crawl and sift through the dust looking for my father. "Katniss! Katniss!"

My father screams in pain and I keep crawling and then hands grab me and start dragging me down with them. "Katniss! Please Katniss help me!" I try fighting them and then I see President Snow with a evil grin spreading through his red puffy lips. I scream and he puts his shoe on my head and pushes me down. I open my eyes when I feel soft grass under my feet and the wind in my face. I gag on the coal dust thats in my lungs and then see a girl with dark hair like mine big grey eyes and she runs over to me.

         "Mommy!" She squeals and goes to wrap her arms around me but then she falls to her knees and I see a knife in her back and Clove grins evily ai go to grab her but she turns into a mockingjay and flys away. I chase her and her giggles ring through the forest. "Mommy! come get me!" Then I burst into flames and i feel the burning pain and I scream in agony and then I see Peeta with his eyes completely dark. "Peeta?" I ask and he stabs me and then I fall through the ground into complete darkness but I illuminate the darkness and I see people screaming and holding rebel flags, gunfire, gunpowder, red crimson blood. I see me on a flag and then see me running and I scream. "The MockingJay!" I scream and then the mockingjay pins fall like rain in the darkness and they shine when they get close to me and then I hear Effie. "Happy Hunger Games!" And it rings through the darkness and I scream. "NO!!!!!!!!" The fire around me burns brighter like a million suns and more sounds of the dark days come to me.

                     More Mockingjay pins fall and I see President Snow with a blizzard behind him and now I am standing with tens of thousands behind me and millions of Peacekeepers behind him with the blizzard and I lift my bow. "Freedom!" I scream and then we clash and I see Peeta get shot and I rush over to him. "PEETA!!!!!!!!" Then when everyone is dead besides me and the President I look at him as we are nose to nose. Steam surrounds us and then he grins. "Miss. Everdeen... The odds will never be in your favor." He says and then he grabs my neck and its cold and I scream and grow wings that are ignited by fire and he burns into ashes and I fall to my knees with my burning wings and notice i have turned into a mockingjay.

              I wake with a gasp and remember my baby. I put my hand on my belly and then this is the first time I want to kick... But it doesn't.  I look up when i hear a twig snap and see Rue. I walk over to the tree and look behind it. "Rue?" She pokes her head out and I smile. "I'm not going to hurt you."  After a few hours we sit and eat a good dinner of groosling and I notice i'm not that hungry. I hand her mine. "You want it?" I ask and she waves the offer away. "No that's okay." I push it to her. "Here." She takes it and takes a big bite. "How long was I asleep?"

\"Two days... I changed your leaves every few hours." "Thank you." I whisper then think about my baby. "Will my baby be okay?" She looks up to me and shrugs. "I don't know.... Is it true?" "What?" I ask and she makes a kissy face. "You and him?" I laugh nervously and look at her. "So what's going on with the careers?" "They have a pyrimad of food and supplies by the lake, they have re-wired the pedestals and put them around it so no one van get to the supplies."

"That sounds tempting." I say with a mischevious grin. That night we lay in a tree in my sleepingbag and she nestles up to me and I smile. Then I fall asleep.