Love, by chance? (Lesbian romance)

Before I upload what I have of this story so far I want to be clear that I wrote this for a friend of mine. It is very rough but she insisted that I show her what I have. I will edit and upload more as I finish. :) Thanks for being patient. Love you guys! :)

---

Lauren could feel the sting of the sun on her already sun kissed skin. She nearly regretted the trip to the beach on such a hot day. The white sand gently stung the bottom of her feet and she quickly walked to the water to relieve the pain. She smiled as the cool water bubbled over her feet and she lifted her face to the sun and closed her eyes to take in the sweet smell of the water. She could hear gentle laughter in the background as she settled herself into the cool sand. Her bathing suit clung to her slightly damp skin and she allowed herself to lay in the sand and let the waves gently lap over her heated body. She laid there for a minute before she heard a voice above her and she opened her eyes and put her hand up to shield her eyes to see the face of the woman who spoke.

“If you aren't careful you may get swept into the water. And I may not be here to save you.” Lauren sat up to view the woman who promptly sat beside her in the wet sand. Lauren frowned slightly at the dark haired beauty with deep brown eyes currently sitting beside her on the shore.

“I should let you know that I can swim. So there really isn't anything to worry about.” She smiled gently and her blue eyes squinted against the constant glare of the sun. Lauren paused a moment to consider her disheveled appearance. Lord knew that the sun had brought out her freckles, furthering her youthful appearance.

“My name is Jillian.” The girl smiled and Lauren felt dazed for a moment and then returned the grin. Jillian wiped her slightly sandy hand on her bathing suit shorts and extended it. Lauren reached and shook her hand in return and felt a slight shiver up her arm at the contact. Jillian hands were nearly the same size as Lauren's and just as smooth. She raised a curious brow at Lauren at the overlong pause before releasing her hand. Lauren chuckled awkwardly. She watched as Jillian's gaze swept the horizon of the water. Lauren couldn't help but watch her lean casually back onto her elbows. She seemed so at ease with herself. Very much everything that Lauren wanted to be. She smiled. “Are you from around here?” She asked without removing her gaze from the water. Lauren's eyes widened slightly from the question. She found that she was very much occupied in her own mind. She moved her gaze to the same place that held Jillian's deep brown eyes captive. She haphazardly pushed her blonde short curly hair from her eyes.

“Not even close. I am on holiday.” She said and pushed the sand around her feet. Jillian looked at her with a slight smile.

“Do you always travel alone?” Lauren laughed at her inquiry and bit her lower lip.

“I'm actually with my family. They all got burnt yesterday when we came down to play volleyball and they wanted a relaxing day in the air conditioning.” She laughed softly at the thought of her family relaxing at all. They were undoubtedly dipping into the mini fridge's alcohol stash and getting more and more rowdy by the minute. Lauren had always wanted to go to the ocean and they had only recently decided to all go together. It had taken her quite a while to save up enough for the trip. Her family had never been the most reliable so she opted to pay for the vacation. So far, it had gone smoothly. She found herself waiting for something bad to happen, but it had yet to occur. Jillian smiled and quickly stood.

“I think we should swim a bit.” Lauren chuckled at her abruptness. Who was this mystery girl with such gumption? She stood and nodded and followed Jillian into the water. Jillian quickly dove beneath the blue gentle surface. Lauren tried not to stare as she stood from the water. She had noticed earlier that Jillian stood a good 5 inches over her, but there was something in the way that she carried herself that grabbed Lauren's attention. Her dark hair clung gently to her pale face and her eyes twinkled in mirth as she noticed Lauren watching. “Are you just going to stand there or are you going to swim?” Jillian smiled and Lauren shrugged and sank beneath the surface. She relished in the feeling of the cool water washing over her too hot skin. She was tempted to not rise except for her need for air. She stood in the chest deep water and drew a deep breath of crisp air into her lungs. Lauren had always loved the water and could have lived within it if the need ever arose.