Love, by chance? (Lesbian romance) pt 7

The airport was bleak and depressing. Or maybe it was just the mood of the people in it. Sad goodbyes filled the air. Lauren gripped Jillian's hand, almost afraid that she would never see her again. She blinked away the tears that filled her eyes. 

"You can come with me you know?" Lauren bit her lower lip and tried her best not to plead with her. 

"You know I can't. We both have our own lives. Neither one of us in a position to move right now. But you promise you will come back and visit." Jillian face nearly broke as the words tumbled from her soft full lips.

"If I leave my heart with you do you promise to take care of it until I see you again?" Lauren smiled weakly.

"That was so cheesy." Jillian said on a soft laugh that held none of Jillian's usual mirth. 

"You are beautiful you know." Lauren said as she wiped away a single tear from Jillian's sweet face. Lauren pulled Jillian against her. She held her tightly and did not want to release her. The speaker announced the dreadful last call and Lauren let her go, but not before gently pressing her lips to Jillian's. She brushed Jillian's bangs from her eyes. "I will be back before you know it." Lauren smiled and lifted her suitcase. She clenched her jaw against the pain that filled her as she walked to the woman taking the tickets. Lauren did not look back, for if she did she would see Jillian's resolve crumble and sadness overcome her. Lauren shivered against the fear that she would not see her again. 

----

6 weeks later

Lauren packed her bags quickly. She knew she had made the right decision. She had spoken to Jillian as frequently as she could, and she meant to surprise her. The past month had been agony for her. Every day away from Jillian hurt just a little bit more. She had never felt so incredibly in love with another person before. And this risk she was taking, was worth it. She grabbed her bag and sprinted to the awaiting cab that would take her to the airport. 

The drive took forever and the plane ride lasted a century. She finally arrived at the beach where she first met Jillian a few hours later. Lauren spotted Jillian before anything else. Her dark hair blew in the summer wind and her laughter floated on the wind. It seemed to caress Lauren and urged her forward. She stood behind Jillian, without her noticing and said softly, "You look incredible in that bikini." Jillian jerked around in shock and grabbed Lauren, planting a rough excited kiss upon her lips. Lauren lifted her off of the ground slightly. She placed her back down upon the soft cool sand and looked deep into her eyes.

"I did not even know you were coming!" Jillian said, happy tears filling her eyes. Lauren grinned.

"I'm staying." Lauren's smiled widened and Jillian's face changed.

"What do you mean?" Jillian said with hopeful eyes.

"I mean that I bought a house and put in for a transfer. I know it sounds crazy, because we haven't known each other long. But I swear I will kick myself for the rest of my life for not giving this love a chance to grow." Lauren said as she reached up to stroke Jillian's soft, warm cheek. Jillian grinned and threw her arms around Lauren once more and kissed her like she never had before. The cool water gently lapped at their warm feet and neither noticed. Both were completely content to just be in each others arms.