Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Edward's POV

I couldn't stop thinking about her, I couldn't get her out of my mind. Those magnificent brown eyes were unforgettable, her lips were kissable as well. I know I couldn't stay away from her for long, I needed to be near her and soon. But I needed to get my urge to drink from her under control, I wouldn't want to injure or kill that beautiful girl. Tanya's thoughts about me were going to put me on edge, she made me feel disgusted. I belong to the new girl Bella, not her—she will never be able to possess me the way she wants.

I jumped quickly to my feet and head out the door, I began running faster than ever before. The scent of a deer fills nostrils, I follow the scent and tackle the weakest one to the ground; snapping its neck instantly. I dug my pearly white teeth into its neck and drank every last drop of its blood, leaving it dead on the forest floor.

Next I caught the scent of a Grizzley bear a few miles away, within a few seconds, I tackle it to the ground. It puts up a big fight, but it no match against my strength. I dug my teeth harshly into its neck, causing some of its blood to splatter onto my shirt. Once the bears body is drain of every single drop, I toss the body to the side. Within a minute I'm back at the cabin, I went up to Tanya. I said, “I'm going back to Forks, thank you for letting me stay here.” She said, “It was no problem at all.” I walked over to the closet and grabbed my coat, I put it on to cover the blood stain. I got into the 2008 black sedan and took off towards Forks.

Bella's POV

He hasn't been at school for three days now; Alice won't even tell me what's wrong. Subconsciously I pull out sketch pad and began to draw, I blink a few times, before I realized what I've done. I get up from the table and walk over to the other-side of the cafeteria, over to Alice. I clear my throat to get her attention, she looks up. I said, “I think you should see this.” She gasped when she saw it, her brother Edward had tackled a bear to the ground. I asked her, “What does this mean?” She smirked and said, “You figure that out.” I smiled and said, “Easily done.” I took my sketch pad from her and placed my hand on top of it, I watched the event play out.

He was running with inhumane speed, faster than a human could possibly ever run. Suddenly, he caught the scent of a bear that was miles away. He had it tackled to the ground in mere seconds. It put up a fight, but it was no match against his strength. He dug his teeth harshly into the bears neck, causing blood to splatter onto his shirt. When he was finished with the bear, he tossed the body to the side.

The sketch pad fell from my hands, suddenly I knew what they were: vampires who feed on animal blood. My legs grew weak and I almost collapsed to the floor, Alice supported me up on my feet. Emmett quickly scooped me up in his arms and carried me out to my truck, Alice was quickly behind him with my backpack in hand. He set me on the passenger seat and took off towards the school, Alice got into the driver's seat and started the truck; she backed out of the spot and headed out of the parking lot. In a weak voice I asked, “Where are you taking me?” Alice looked confused, but replied, “To the hospital, your having a major panic attack again. I put your sketch pad in your backpack, we don't need anyone seeing those sketches. I stated, “I know what you are.” She said, “Then tell me, I want to see if you really know.” I replied, “Your family is a group of vampires who feed off the blood of animals.” Alice replied, “Your correct.” After a few minutes of silence she said, “We'll arrive at the hospital in less than a minute. My dad will be waiting for us, once we get inside.”

Thirty seconds later, we pulled into the hospital's parking lot, Alice parked as close to the front as possible. She quickly got out and in less than a second opened my door, she lifted me into her cold arms and carried me inside the hospital. Once we were inside, I was quickly transferred over to another pair of cold arms belonging to Dr. Cullen. I said to him, “I had another panic attack, a major one.” A minute later I was set down on a hospital bed, he asked, “What brought this on?” I replied, “I sketched an event and it played out in my head. Lets just say it was a little scary.” He asked, “Can I see what you sketched?” Before I could object, Alice handed him the sketch pad. I cursed under my breath, “Damn it.”