Chapter One

Chapter One

Bella's POV

 Leaving Phoenix, Arizona was the hardest thing I ever had to do, but it had to do it. I could tell my mom missed her husband name Phil, ever time he left to go play in the minor baseball league. Her face was droopy at this time of year; she was so worried about him, a little too much at times. I hug my mother goodbye, before I get on the plane that was heading non-stop to Seattle.

When the plane landed in Seattle, I started to get nervous, I hadn't seen my dad in several months. He was the first one I saw as I got off the plane, but I thought I was a flash of shiny black hair in the woods to the right side of the airport. I just shook it off and continued walking over to Charlie, once inside the airport I picked my bags out and headed outside; Charlie followed close behind me.

As I walked towards the patrol car, I saw the flash of short black hair. I looked away from the woods and focus on buckling my seat-belt, once I got inside and closed the door. My heart started to race, I felt as if I was being watched from a distance. Why would someone be watching? I was startled, when Charlie suddenly started the car; I didn't even notice him getting in the car.

I watched the woods as we headed to Forks, which was a three hour drive from Seattle. Once in a while I saw the flash of short black hair, my breath caught in my throat every time. I couldn't stop staring at the woods, I was too intrigued by seeing the flash of black hair. There was no way a human could run so fast, but it was in a form of a human I could tell for sure. I looked at the speedometer, Charlie was going sixty miles an hour; no human could run this fast. I took my eyes off the woods and looked straight ahead for the rest of the trip....

Three hours later, we pulled into the driveway and came to a halt. I slowly got out of the passenger seat and grabbed my bags out of the trunk. I was still creep-ed out about the flashes of the short black hair that belonged to some random stranger. How could someone even run that fast? The voice in my head commented, 'I bet it can go faster than that.' I ignore that stupid voice in my head, I didn't want to listen to anything it said. I heard a branch snap, I looked in the direction of where it came from, I couldn't see anything. I quickly walked up the steps to the house at a fast pace; I tripped and fell flat on my face, I felt a trickle of blood slide down my check. The voice in my head said, 'Get in the house now! There's something dangerous lurking nearby.' Agreeing with the voice, I head into the house and close the door quickly.

Charlie lead me up the stairs to my room, he told me he had replaced the crib with a bed and add a desk with a computer system. He left me alone to unpack, he was going to order us pizza for supper. About an hour later, the pizza had arrived, my stomach growled with hunger. I headed down the stairs just as Charlie closed the front door, I followed him into the kitchen and we began to eat. I let out a sigh as I finished my last piece—I could hardly take another bite, I was too full.

Fifteen minutes later, an old red pickup truck pulled into the drive way. Charlie commented under his breath, “Finally.” I asked dad, “Who are they?” He replied, “Billy Black and his son Jacob.” I followed him out the front door, over to the red truck. Both of them smiled and said, “Hello Bella,” in unison. I smiled and said, “Hello Billy and Jacob.” Charlie asked me, “How do you like the truck Bella?” I asked, “What do you mean?” He replied, “I bought the truck as a homecoming present for you.” A smile appeared on my face as I said, “Thank you so much dad. I really appreciate it.” I gave him a small hug, I pulled away a few seconds later.

 Jacob approached me and asked, “Do you want to take it for a test drive?” I replied, “Sure, let's go.” I got in the truck and Jacob slid into the passenger seat. I started the engine, I watched as Charlie pushed Billy who was in a wheel chair inside the house. I put the truck into reverse and backed out of the driveway, I drove around the block once and pulled back into the driveway. Jacob asked, “What do you think Bella? Do you like it?” I replied, “I loved it, I like older vehicles, more than those newer cars.” Jacob smiled at me and got out of the truck, he appear at my side and opened the door for me. I could tell Jacob had a crush on me and it wasn't a small one. We walked into the house and entered the living room, Billy and Charlie were talking about a game that was on this weekend. 'Stupid sports,' I thought to myself.