Chapter 11

Mackenzie's POV
As my mom and I tip-toe into my room,  I hear my dad sound asleep. Perfect. I sit in my bed, and pull out two 30 oz water bottles. "Hey mom, we should have a water drinking contest!" I announce holding a bottle out to her. "Kenz, not now hun-" " Pleeeeaase mom!" I beg. She looks at me and sighs. " Alright, I guess," she laughs taking her bottle."Great! Now we have three minutes to finish our bottles! Ready, set, go!" I yell trying to rush her. I snap off the lid and chug the water down. What seems like gallons of water slips down my throat filling my stomach. I peel over at my mom to see her taking her last sip. "Done!" She yells, throwing the bottle down. I smile and laugh. "That was fun," I tell her putting my half drank bottle on my shelf. "Uh, ya," she responds shaking. Perfect. "Mom, we should go to the lake and swim in the waterfall," I taunt. "Uhh, yeah I-" her face goes red. "Greg! watch Kenzie! I'll be out in a second!" She screams making a mad dash for the bathroom. I smile. Greg won't be coming. I slipped sleeping medicine in his drink. And now, he's out cold for another four to six hours. I silently jump out of bed. I slip down the hall, down the stairs, and out the front door. Freedom. And now I can do what I've been waiting to do. Find Chloe.