Alex & Me Ch.12

Sorry it took this long to upload! Hope you like it :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex & Me

Chapter 12

I should have known better than to assume that Amy would let me sleep peacefully on a Saturday. That girl could seriously give the energiser bunny a run for his money. That rhymed. I groaned. This is what happens when I'm awakened at ungodly hours on a Saturday morning.

"I can't believe you didn't call me back last night. That's like the most important rule for BFFs!" Amy began after she had successfully roused my grumpy self from the bed.

I rolled my eyes.

"I was tired last night and was out like a light seconds after I replied." I countered.

"Oh alright! Spill. Now." she ordered with an excited look on her face.

I was still not over her waking me up this early when she knew all too well how much I loved my sleep. So I thought I had a right to be a little cruel and withhold the information she so badly wanted.

"I don't know I want to tell you" I said, pretending to think it over.

Her jaw actually dropped open for a moment or two. Then it snapped right back up and her grey eyes flashed.

"Just for that you will be subjected to a shopping trip and a sleepover at my place tonight." she said smugly.

The rate at which my face changed must have been comical.

"Amy" I whined, " please not the shopping. I'll tell you every single detail. Please?" I said giving her my best puppy dog eyes.

She just laughed, evilly or so it seemed.

"That face, while very endearing and cute, may work on Alex but it doesn't work on me Zoey."

I pouted.

"That one too."

"No fair." I said and continued pouting. Though for all the effect it had on her, I may as well have been dancing naked.

"You are coming with me and that's final." she said sternly. Seeing my face fall, she tried to console me, "Don't worry Hayley's gonna be there too."

I breathed a sigh of relief. With Hayley there, Amy would at least not go completely psycho on me. She heard me.

"You'd think I was asking you to jump off a cliff or something." she said, shaking her head.

I didn't say anything, fearing she'd subject me to another brutal shopping trip.

"Get ready. I've told your mom about the sleepover and by the time you're down after a shower I will have convinced her to let you out on a shopping spree." she smiled that smile where she knew she had me and I couldn't do anything about it.

I didn't think it was wise to say what was actually on my mind now and so I opted to pick up my towel and move to the bathroom - silently. She clapped her hands together - her face reflecting pure joy - and turned and went downstairs.

I debated on how much time I should spend in the shower. I still had hope that maybe mum would not allow me to go citing some chore. If she did allow me and I finished up early that would mean more time for Amy to shop. And if I took longer, Amy would have longer to convince her. I was torn.

I finally got out of the shower, wrapped the towel around myself and went to my room. I got dressed without any hurry. Amy was far too skilled at convincing others of her opinion. The longer I took getting ready the less time she would have at her disposal.