Alex & Me Ch.4

Thank you for the votes and comments!

Now onto the chapter...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex & Me

Chapter 4

Our Math teacher Mr. Svenson seemed a bit grouchy. We entered the class and I handed over the slip. He introduced me to the class and running true to form I turned red. Luckily this class didn't have assigned seats and Alex led me to a table that was empty and sat with me. It was in the second-last row and there was a boy sitting behind us alone. Alex nodded at him.

"Zoey this is Sam Hunter one of my best friends and Sam this is Zoey Smith." he introduced us.

"Hi! Nice to meet you," I said, looking at the boy now. He was blond and had green eyes and a very likeable face.

"And you," he replied smiling and then turned to Alex. "So, you ditch me for a pretty girl huh ?" he winked at me.

I blushed and looked down smiling. I liked how confident and sure he seemed of himself.

"Yeah about time, you were bugging me to death." Alex replied not missing a beat, with that crooked smile on his face. I giggled. Sam mock-punched Alex on his arm. Alex was about to retaliate when the teacher - what was his name again ? Oh yeah Mr. Svenson - called the class to order.

"I'll get you back for that Samuel." Alex murmured low enough that only Sam and I could hear it.

"Hey! I told you don't call me that! My name's Sam alright ?" he whisper-yelled back.

Alex and I just snickered. I loved watching them both interact. They were constantly trying to get one over the other. It was very entertaining. The rest of the class the teacher droned on and everyone pretended to pay attention. English with Amy and History with Alex followed the same pattern. Except for the fact that I managed to stumble on thin air twice. Only to be caught by Alex. Both times. He just chuckled and set me upright shaking his head.

Then it was time for Lunch. I entered the cafeteria with Alex and Sam joking around. We got in the line and got our lunches. They headed to a table and I paused, uncertain as to whether they wanted me to sit with them. Both of them turned to look at me, waving at me to join them. I gave a small smile and joined the table where Amy was already sitting along with another girl and a boy. I smiled at them tentatively and they smiled back. I didn't want to be so nervous but I couldn't help it.

"Zoey! This is Eric Carter and Hayley Jones and guys this is Zoey Smith!" Amy gestured between the three of us bouncing on her seat, excited.

"Hey!" I smiled.

I remembered seeing them in the hallways in passing. The girl was a brunette and the blue of her eyes was so light it could easily pass for gray. Her eyes were kind and gentle and spoke of a maturity not commonly found at our age. The guy on the other hand was dark-haired and had jet black eyes that seemed to twinkle when he smiled. A dimple that readily showed on his face made you want to smile in return. Hayley just smiled nodding at me and I smiled back. Huh. No questions ? Maybe she was just shy. Not maybe. She was definitely shy  judging by the way she tried to hide behind her hair.