Seventeen

SORRY THAT I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN SO LONG

Mood: Angel by The Weeknd

Once the words left Louis' mouth, Harry choked, tightening his handle on the steering wheel. He was glad that they had just pulled up into a red light.

"Do you want me to crash?" Harry asks, but he couldn't hide the blush in his cheeks. Louis giggled, looking down at his hands. The heater in the car kept them warm apart from the cold outside.

"You didn't answer my question." Louis finally said, smiling sinfully.

"I-I..." Harry didn't know what to say. He kept his eyes forward, waiting for the damn light to change.

"It's alright if you don't want to tell me. I already know the answer." Louis whispers. Harry hated him. Honestly.

"Where're you taking me?"

"Well...I was going to do the whole wine and dine thing but the paps might be too skeptical so...I'm taking you somewhere more...secluded." That's all he says.

"My, my...are you some type of murderer in disguise?" Louis asks, bringing a hand up to his chest dramatically.

"No. Of course not." Louis lets out a laugh.

They drive for about forty more minutes until Louis got bored.

"Are we there yet?" He asks, staring out the window.

"Almost." Harry mumbles, not even glancing at the smaller boy. Louis huffed before slouching in his seat. The car was getting too hot, so he turned off the heater, staring out the window. It was dark outside, the trees zooming by without much to see. The town had faded into countryside; hills and forests as far as the eye can see.

"Where are we going?" Louis asks for the second time.

"Well, when I came to visit you for Christmas I got lost and made a wrong turn," he says, "and I ended up in this one place. It's really beautiful, just wait."

They drive for a few minutes before making a sharp left turn into a dirt road. Louis bumps in his seat as they drive over the uneven road. Finally they reach a clearing.

"Oh my God." The trees around them cleared into a meadow with blue and pink flowers covered by a light layer of snow. To the right of them was a cliff. Louis stepped out of the car peering over the edge  of the drop off.

The lights of Doncaster shone brightly, a whole bunch blinking lights illuminating the city.

"Wow." Louis mumbles. He turns around to find a blanket and a picnic basket set out on the floor. There were candles lit around the blanket and across the meadow. Harry was leaning against the door, smiling widely.

"Do you like it?" Harry asks nodding to the setup. Louis nods, unable to contain his excitement. Harry grabs two more blankets from his car and wraps one around Louis' shoulders. The small boy mumbles a quiet thank you before heading to sit on the blanket.

"I had one of my guards set this whole thing up, so don't think I did all this by myself. He just left actually." Harry mumbles, opening the basket.

"Wow, and I thought you did this all by yourself. Greatly disappointed." Louis replies, sarcasm leaking in his tone.

"Ha-Ha." Harry mocks, pulling a bottle of wine.

"So you are going to wine and dine me?" Harry nods. Louis takes the bottle and reads the label. Coche-Dury Genevrieres Meursault Premier Cru de France. Louis couldn't even make out the third word.

"How much did this cost?"

"Not that much. Just a bit over a thousand pounds."

"Oh my, God, Harry you have got to stop spending so much money on me."

"I promise, it's really okay. I like spoiling people." Harry grins down at Louis, "Especially people I like." Louis blushed, covering his face in the blanket. 

"Do you like me?" Louis asks suddenly. 

"Of course I do. I don't know if it's love yet, but it's a start. Don't you think?" Harry asks, not meeting his eyes. He pulls out two wine glasses and a box with colorful  macaroon's.

"Yeah..." Louis wanted to hear his voice all day. 

He pours the red wine into the crystal glasses and hands one to Louis. The air around them was chilly but neither of them cared. They were too caught up in their own little world to pay much attention. He takes a sip of the bittersweet wine, picking up a teal green macaroon.

The stars around them shone brightly. It felt as if they were the only people on Earth. The wine was eventually drained, their laughter echoing through the trees, their worries left behind in the town Louis called home.

****

Louis giggled as Harry talked about the time he was caught by a janitor running drunk stark naked in a hotel.

"It was so embarrassing!" Harry boomed, unable to control their laughter. The wine bottle was empty, and they were barely buzzed; Harry barely drank any of the wine. Their laughter died down slowly until the only sound was an owl hooting in the distance.

"God, you're really beautiful." Harry finally says. Louis blushed, looking down.

"How did I get so lucky?" The taller lad asks, mainly to himself. The two boys sat in silence before Harry spoke up.

"Do you want to head back now? It's getting kind of late." The smaller boy really didn't want to leave but Eleanor has texted him five times asking when he would be back. He never replied. It was almost midnight.

Louis stood up, keeping the blanket wrapped around him, as Harry started picking everything up around them, making sure to blow out every candle. He threw everything into the trunk of the car. A few moments passed, neither of them saying a word. Louis was leaning against the car door looking at his shoes.

"C-Can I kiss you?" Harry asks hesitantly.

"Why do you even ask?" Louis whispers, gripping the taller boy by the neck and pulling him down, crashing their lips together. Harry hums into the kiss, sliding his hands down Louis' waist, stopping at his hips. He pulled him closer. The kiss was messy, a clash of teeth and tongue. Neither of them seemed to mind. Harry let out a low groan as Louis tugged at his hair.

Louis' hands trailed down the plane of his chest, stopping to hook his fingers in the belt loops of his skinny jeans. The blanket has been long discarded, their hands roaming each other's body. Then Louis did something drastic. He kissed down Harry's jaw, his hands slipping further down, grabbing his apparent bulge in the front of his jeans.

Harry groaned loudly, tightening his hands on Louis' hips.

"Fucking tease." Harry moans. Louis hums, continuing the trail of kisses against his neck.

"Get--Get in the backseat." Harry stumbles.

And how could Louis deny such a simple request?