I'm not who you think I am

NATHANS P.O.V:

I did the only thing I do best in situations like this, I ran. I didn't know where, but I had to get away from my parents. They drive me crazy. Who the hell does my mother think she is saying that it's might fault for being how I am. All i've ever know is materialistic things, I never had quality time with my parents like putting up a Christmas tree as a child or running around the garden playing football with my father. I was always the child that had the brand new bike, toys and game consoles but nobody to play with. Don't get me wrong I know i'm far from perfect, but I am who I am because of my parents and the way I was brought up. And Melissa just drives me insane she believes that because we were each others first she has some kind of ownership over me and I hate it but she's good when it comes to friends with benefits. Sure she whines, moans and follows me round like a lost puppy but she means nothing to me, she's nothing more than a distraction. After I spent an hour punching trees and venting my anger I slumped down in defeat.

Then it hit me, like a ton of bricks falling from above. CRAP! I had left Jamie sat there on her own with my parents, oh god this can't be good. And I called her a freak right in front of her face. I hope she can forgive me, I didn't mean it. I just needed to get Melissa off my back. I turned back the way I came and ran, eger to find my way back. It was no use everywhere looked the same. "Great Nathan we're lost, way to go, now we'll never get back to Jamie."

I responded back to the voice in my head "SHUT IT RAVI IF YOU WERE ANY USE AT ALL YOU'D BE ABLE TO FIND OUR WAY BACK! AND WHY DO YOU CARE ABOUT HER ALL OF A SUDDEN?" There was no reply. This wasn't just the voice of my imagination or my so called 'conscious'. It was real. See I have a secret of my own that I am forbid to share with anyone. I Nathan Fletcher am a werewolf. That's right a werewolf. But not your average man by day wolf by full moon, I was soon to be the next alpha werewolf of New Zealand.

You see my father Frank, well he's the alpha right now and the position of alpha is passed down to the alpha's first son, me. Therefore when he steps down from his position I get to become the proud new alpha of the Star Blazer pack. The biggest, strongest and the only pack in the state of New Zealand. Sure there are a variety of different wolf packs all around the world over fifty thousand if I remember correctly, but our pack is known as the Top Dogs- ironic I know. My dad has alphas and soon to be alphas visit him to be trained so that when the time comes they can protect their own packs and know how to deal with finances, as well as other skills that are necessary for alphas to have. That's his big business, pretty epic right? It's also the reason I spent most of my childhood without a father figure.

Our pack is the best werewolf pack in the world. Because of this people come from all around the world to ask for my fathers protection from the werewolf hunters and rouges. Due to my dad beeing the strongest alpha known to our species, once the position of alpha is passed down to me I will become the strongest. I know this may sound great having access to all this power, but I don't want to be left with it all on my own. That's why I am searching for my mate, only then will I take on the job of alpha male and my mate will become the first female alpha in over five hundred years.

So how do I know my mate will be a female alpha? Well among our pack we have wolves with some amazing gifts. Mainly excellent fighters, but the elders of our pack have a gift like no other, they can tell you your fate just by touching your hand. As my grandma Josephine is an elder she told me that my mate will be the first female alpha in a long time. However, one of her parents will be human.

"Nathan i've found our way out of here, I can smell Jamie's scent it's right this-"

"Nathan, is that you?" I turned around slowly to she Jamie stood there staring at me with wide eyes, shivering.

"What do you want?" I snapped.

"I had to come check that you were alright I don't know why but something in my head was telling me to come find you."

Hmm what's weird. "I bet you enjoyed that little performance earlier didn't you? Well i'm sorry that my life and relationship with my parents can't be as perfect as yours!"

Tears started to form in her eyes and for a split second Ravi told me to comfort her. "You think my life is perfect?! You don't have a clue" she cried as one small tear rolled down her angelic face. I took a step towards her. "Nathan you have no idea just how imperfect my life is"

"Then tell me?" I was really eger to know what she was on about but at the same time I wanted to pull her into a hug and never let go. Why is this happening, why do I have to act so weak in front of her?

"I...I..c..c...cant"

"Why not. You think your life is worse than mine then please enlighten me on how it could get any worse than this!"

"I... I CAN'T TELL YOU OK! YOU'D NEVER SPEAK TO ME AGAIN IF I DID! BUT MY LIFE ISN'T AS PERFECT AS YOU THINK ALRIGHT"

"Jamie.."

"Save it. After all i'm just some freak, you don't really care." she snapped as she turned around and wondered off into the darkness. Now I really do feel like douche-bag.

I sprinted after her and grabbed her waist and pulled her into me. Sparks ran throughout my body. As I held her tighter the sparks became more and more intense. Her sent smelt like strawberries and coconut. It was perfect. I heard my wolf purr with content. "MATE" Ravi bellowed in my mind. "How do you know?" I asked puzzled.

"Mine!" he barked.

"Nathan! what are you doing?" asked Jamie confused, using all her strength to push herself away from me.

"Shh, angel. I'm sorry for what I said ok, I had no right in forcing you to tell me something you aren't comfortable in sharing, but your not the only one with secrets..."

"W...what d..o you mean Nathan what's going on?" she asked with a paniked expression on her face. I pulled away reluctantly.

"Jamie do you feel those sparks too, every time we touch?"

"Well yeah, I guess at first I thought it was just an electric shock but now, i'm not to sure."

"Do you know why?"

"No, do you?" I walked away from Jamie and went behind a bush to transform. It's a myth about only transforming on a full moon we can change anytime we want. However, on a full moon or senses are heightened and that's when we're at our strongest. I walked out of the bush and into the moonlight showing off my copper coloured coat. Jamie gasped.

A.N: Hey guys, hope you're enjoying the story so far. Please please please leave comments on your thoughts about my story and VOTE AND FAN :)