Dinner with the Fletchers- The sudden outburst.

A/N: Hey guys, let me know what you think. Meme :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I followed Nathan along the candle lit path I noticed that my mother had conveniently placed me in the seat next to him. Although I was delighted about this, I couldn't help but wonder whether it was deliberate. By the time I reached the table Nathan was already sat in his place. I walked over to my seat just as Mrs Fletcher started talking." Oh my, Jamie you look gorgeous! I wish Nathan was with someone as respectable as you instead of that who- i mean unpleasant girlfriend of his." Janet's eyes darkened as she glared at Nathan. I was expecting him to be a little more angry as his mum just disrespected his girlfriend but all he did was sigh and lower his head. For a second my heart dropped and shattered into a million pieces, he was taken? Of course he was how could someone as good looking as him be single. No wonder he kept his head down the first time I met him he had no interest in me what so ever, oh wow now I feel stupid.

Mr Fletcher cleared his throat and put a hand on his wife's shoulder "Now now dear, I know that you may not like Melissa but lets not but these two in a situation where it is uncomfortable." His soothing words soon calmed her down as she leaned back in her chair.

"Okay, okay. Sorry son, it's just I really don't think she is good for you, she puts up this so called 'classy' mask to cover her dispicable ways. And sorry Jamie."

A hour later we had eaten all three courses, they were divine after all my mother was the world top chef. I also learnt some amazing things about the Fletcher family: they all used to live in New Zealand, Mr Flether owned the biggest business in New Zealand while Mrs Fletcher was a professional fashion designer. But the highlight of my night was when I found out that Nathan was enrolled in my school and that he started next week and that his so called girlfriend lived thousands of miles away in New Zealand.

Thinking about Nathan having a girlfriend made me lothe her. I bet she's some pretty, stuck up barbie doll and little miss popular back at his school. The though of someone else being in his arms and kissing soft lips made me extremely jealous. This isn't fair, I wouldn't be suprised if they had been together for years. However, from Mrs Fletchers' comments earlier this evening I don't think she likes this Melissa at all.

"Paul honey, can you come help me with the dishes" my mother bellowed from what I assumed was our kitchen, when did she even leave the table?

"Coming sweetie" My dad apologised to the Fletchers, excused himself from the table and disappeared off into the kitchen.

Slience. No one spoke for five whole minutes. It was pure awkwardness.

Suddenly a phone went off and we all turned to see who it was. Nathan. He hesitantly glanced at his phone sighing and answered the call. "Hey baby" squealed a voice from the other end of the phone.

"Hey Lissa, look i'm kinda busy at the moment with my family and Jamie but i'll ring you when I get-" As soon as he said my name my whole face lit up. He wasn't afraid to mention my to his 'girlfriend' I thought happily to myself but that all changed when I heard a screeching cry.

"WHO THE HELL IS JAMIE?"

"Wow calm down Liss, she's just some weird girl that I have to put up with, she's my new neighbour. Don't worry sweetie you know I would never hurt you." Suddenly an over-whelming pain knotted my stomach, pins and needles shot up and down my arms. And a lump in my throat threatened to choke me as the pain pulled at my heart. I have never been so devisated.

I tried my best to keep it cool and refrain from crying, but it was no use. Mrs Fletcher looked at me just as a few tears rolled down my left cheek. She sighed and gave me a apologetic look but I ignored it. I brushed the tears from my cheek to prevent any further embarassment.

"Oh thank god I thought for a second you might be cheating on me but I guess i'll let you go. We both know how angry Cruella Devil can get, speak to you later baby, love you." Just as he was about to reply the phone was snatched out of his grasp by a crimson red faced Janet.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING!" she shouted venomously. "I brought you up better than this Nathan that was so rude, I can't even look at your right now i'm too disgusted." Janet looked like she was about to explode if it wasn't for Mr Fletcher rubbing circles on her back I think she would have bit his head off.

"What?"

"You know full well what, you're a disgrace to this family. And how dare you speak so illy of Jamie after her family warmly welcomed us to their home."

"You didn't bring me up at all, you left me with a nanny and went out god knows where. You shouldn't even be allowed to even call yourself a mother you've never been there for me. And as for what I said I can do what I want! " Nathan spat back. I could tell that he was just as angry as she was due to his eyes changing from a dazzling emerald green to deep holes of pure darkness.

"Well maybe if you weren't such a brat I would have been able to look after you myself, but no you Nathan are something else. You're an arragont, lazy, obnocious and a down right spoilt child!" I turned to look as Nathan he was shaking, his knuckles going white as his fists clenched.

"Yeah well I guess we can't choose our family!" Nathan took one last look at me, his face housing the same emotionless expression and ran off into the darkness. It took everything in my power to not run after him, it was agony to see him so sad. But I knew he needed to get away from his family and vent. Hell I was still angry for what he said!

"That's just great Janet, we've only just got him back and your already at each others necks." Mr Fletcher looked at his wife disappointingly and shook his head. "I'm sorry I just don't want to lose him again" Lose him, why where did he go before? Oh wow this family was more complicated than I thought.

"I'm so sorry for Nathan's behaviour towards you Jamie. I don't know what's gotten into him."

A/N: PLEASE VOTE AND COMMET! I need to know if the story is any good or not. Thanks guys :)