His Wolf (3)

"Bitch, I'm going to make you wish you were never born." Hayley whispered in my ear. She was dressed in her new school cheerleading outfit and I hated it. She should be next to me! Defending me, not threatening me.

"Mason, Chase! You know what to do!" She stepped back and watched as mason picked me up under my shoulders and Chase lifted my feet up. As they carried my to the outside dumpster Hayley stepped into Zane's arms with a smirk on her lips.

Well isn't this just the perfect picture. Here I am about to get put into a dumpster, a day before it was supposed to be cleaned, which was ordered by my old best friend who over night became head cheerleader, the most popular guy in school's girlfriend and my worst enemy.

The wind was knocked out of me the moment I landed in the big pile of trash. You would think it would be soft but over the last two years I've learned that not only does trash stink it hurts. My eyes watered and my breathing became labored, sure I'm used to it but at least I had emotional support before.

The bell rang signaling for everyone to head to their next class. I watched helplessly as everyone walk away without another glance. Before Haley walked away she threw a smirk my way signaling that this was far from over. She walked with with Zane wrapped around her.

That was it. After two years they finally took everything from me .

I wiped the tears from my eyes, not caring about the green goop left trailing down my cheek. I threw my body over the rim of the trash can , ignoring the pain that ignited in my body as it slammed onto the concrete floor. I crawled my way to the parking lot looking for my new BMW. I gave a morose laugh at how I thought they would like be more with a flashy new car.

I slid into the car and began my short dive home.

Why couldn't I just be accepted? I know they're different but they didn't even give me a chance. Once the scent of human hit their overly sensitive noses they treated my like scum. All except Haley. She treated me like a sister and told me everything about her world, until her 17 th birthday. The day she found out Zane was her mate. She became the most popular girl in school, cheerleader, soon to be Luna, and my worst nightmare.

But I didn't blame her. Not when she was finally accepted in her pack.

I finally got home, but opened the door to a raging war. My little brother was crying and wailing in the corner while my mother screamed and threw things at my father. My dad on the other had was just trying to stop her from leaving.

I don't know what it was but something in me snapped. All I saw was red. I opened my mouth and let everything I had ever kept bottled up and out only four words can describe how I felt as the words dropped from my lips and reached their ears. Anger and pure bliss.

----

I woke up in my bed covered in a thin glaze of sweat. I looked over to the clock on my night stand an saw it was only 7 in the morning.The sun wasn't even up. Well, its not like this is unusual.

I laid there and thought about what happened last night. SHIT! I jumped out of my bed and began to pace my room.

What did I just do? I'll tell you want I just did. I just promised myself to the exact species that made my life a living hell! Maybe I can just pretend it never happened. Maybe he'll realize that having a human as a mate is shunned upon. YES! I'm sure once his alpha knows about us he'll make him come to his senses!

Whew! Now that that's over, I'm in need of a good run. I threw on a tank top, my running shorts and my running shoes and headed down stairs. When I walked into the kitchen I was greeted by silence. It wasn't unusual. Ever since my big blow out my parents have been trying to spend as little time with me as possible.

They aren't bad parents, they're amazing and I know they love me. It's just that I remind them that they aren't saints.

I grabbed a granola bar as I headed to my back yard. Behind my house was a thick forest. There was a hiking trail that curves past my house that looks like it's great for running. At first I was a little hesitant of using it but desperate situations calls for desperate measures. And last time I checked finding out your werewolf mate lived next to you and that you're going to have to reject him is a desperate situation in desperate need to blow of some steam.

I quickly ate my granola bar and started my run. I pushed my self as hard as I could, not slowing down even if I began to run uphill.

I loved this feeling. Hearing my feet as it pounded to its own song. Feeling the strong stride my legs created over the distance. Watching everything become a blur as my legs took me further and further away from my problems. Feeling my self lose my breath, but pushing myself further because it was just to amazing to stop. Yes, this was pure bliss.

I stopped running at the sound of water. I broke from the trail and began to walk through the thick brush. About 50 yards away from the trail there was a small pond.

THIS IS AMAZING.

I slipped off my shoes and dipped my feet into the pond. The water felt so great on my feet that I started to debate whether or not to take a quick swim. Just when I was about to give in and just take a swim, I heard something move on the right of me.

I let out a small gasp as a wolfs head began to appear between two bushes. I was about to grab my shoes and make a run for the hills when it suddenly jumped up and landed on top of my shoes. I sat there staring at the space wear my shoes were.

I looked up to the beast's eyes and let out a breath of relief.

"Why did you scare me! If you didn't look so cute and fluffy I'd smack you upside the head!" The wolf just tilted its head to the side in confusion. He obviously didn't get why I was just sitting there scolding him.

"Luke just go change and come back." He just gave me a wolfy grin and shook his head back and forward. He then stepped back and took my shoes in his mouth.

"Luke, I swear if yo- " and he's off! I ended up running after him until I tackled his body to the forest floor. His body shook with Wolfe laughter as I tried to rip my shoes from his teeth. He suddenly let go of them and nodded towards the woods. I nodded in understanding and waited for him to change.

"Is there a reason you're sitting in the middle of the woods alone and playing with wild wolves" Luke smile down at me as he sat next to me " or why you didn't freak out when you realized the wolf was me?"

"No reason at all, and its a long story I'd rather not go into." I sigh as I looked towards the pond.

"So you and my brother?" I cringed at that.

" I'm actually going to talk to him about that. It was a mistake I didn't mean it." The words burned as I said them but they had to be said.

Suddenly there was a loud growl that echoed through the woods. Luke jumped up and cursed.

"This isn't good. Do you know what a pack link is?" Luke was looking at me worriedly.

"Yeah, it so all pack members can communicate."

"Well Nate heard what you said and let's just say his wolf isn't happy"

"What do-"

"Vanessa!" I turned around to find one pissed off werewolf.

-----

Sorry it's short :( but hopefully not disappointing! Vote, comment, follow? You know you want to :)

Until next week!

~Nia 💞 ☺