Like an Unfinished Puzzle *Chapter 11*

*Anami's p.o.v*

"Anami, wake up!"

I shot up from my position, afraid that I'd still be there in the white dress at the scorching beach dying. Instead, I find myself in a white room with a window in my line of vision. I was on a bed and the sterile smell of the place made me realize where I was. I was in a hospital. Thank god.

"Are you ok?" The voice said again. I turned to my right to see the blonde hair and blue eyes that belonged to Izuru. I sighed in relief to know that it was him and not any of the twins who's names I still don't know.

Realizing I took too long to answer his question, I let out a shaky laugh and answered, "Yeah, I'm fine. Why?" I know it was probably stupid of me I ask, but the words came out of my mouth before I could stop them.

"Because," Izuru explained, "while you were asleep, you were thrashing, kicking, and screaming for help. Some members from squad 4 had to come and sedate you for you to stop." I blushed when he had said that. Of course I was embarrassed! He probably thinks I'm psycho now and that I'm a crazed person who needs to be sedated in order to sleep peacefully.

"I was worried," he continued, slightly blushing at his own words. Man, that guy is just too adorable for his own well-being. I wanted to just walk to him and pinch his cheeks, cooing at him like a grandmother would. Of course I didn't do that. Or else I would think that I'm a crazy person.

"Well thanks a lot," I say thankfully. "I was just..." I trailed off, not really sure how to respond. What was I going to say? That I was in this weird dream where twins had tried to murder me? Then not only would I think I'm crazy but anyone else who was partially sane would too.

"It's ok, I understand," he says to me, saving me from burning my brain just to think of something. I smile at him.

"Thanks." A short, comfortable silence falls upon us. Looking at my surroundings, I notice that next to my hospital bed is a small stand. Next to it was a chart with all of my information and condition. Picking it up, I started to read it.

Ugh... I really don't want to read this right now. Too many smart words and colors and graphs and the font is too small and...-

"Part of your brain had been damaged, but it won't really affect you in any way," Izuru explained. "You had died 3 of times also while you were knocked out. One yesterday at 6:45pm, again at 4:26am today, and about an hour ago. You'd usually just thrash and scream, and then your monitor would go flat so I every time I tried to wake you up. This was the only time I was successful," he finished. I just listened intently in wonder.

How does he know all of this? Did he read this from my chart?

"I stayed with you here in the hospital for the past 2 days," He admits, his lowering down in shame as his cheeks started redding. Oh Izuru. "I was worried because the first time I came, you had died. So, I stayed with you just to monitor you," he explains to me. I just smile at him.

"Thanks. I seriously didn't want to read all of that," I tell him, in pure gratitude. He smiles back, still blushing.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot," he says in an afterthought after a silence fell between us. He walks over to the windowsill and picks up a bottle. He opens the top and two capsules pop out into the palm of his hand. He walks over to the stand, grabs a glass of water, and hands them both to me. I thank him and pop the pills in my mouth, taking a mouthful of water and then swallowing it. "Captain Unohana said that you're allowed to leave as soon as you wake up. You just have to take two of these every 12 hours and come back 7 days from now for a check up." He grabbed the glass out of my hand and set it down before grabbing my arm and helping me up. Barely grasping anything he said, I nod to him and balance myself. Once my head stopped spinning, I thanked Izuru and started to walk out.