Chapter 4 - Doctor's Appointment

After a 14 minute drive to the doctor's office, I pulled up to the parking lot and finally parked after a 5 minute search. I gave my steering wheel one last grip and it took all of my stregth to make it out of my car. "You can do this Nathalie" I told myself for the 15th time. The victorian look to this doctor's office almost had me second guessing myself if it was actually a adoctor's office.

If it wasn't for the huge poster that listed all of the doctor's in the building, I probably would of walked back to my car. When I walked in the huge double doors with brass handles I was greeted with the sweet scent of strawberries and watermelon. Surprisingly because usually doctor's offices smell of alcohol and old people. The lobby wasn't occupied by a lot of people, 3 women at most. I walked up to the counter and checked myself in. It was only a matter of minutes after that the lady called me up again to fill out some papers, I presume.

I guess my assumptions were right because as soon as I walked up to the grey counter, the lady, whose name I learned was Abby, handed me some papers to fill out. It only took me about 10 minutes to fill out the papers, Once I was done I made my way back to the counter and handed th epapers to Abby.

"The doctor will be with you shortly sweetheart, have yourself a seat on the other side of the waiting room near that white door".

"Okay ma'am, thank you." I replied, my voice barely audible.

It didn't take long, before my name was called.

After a very emotional 30 minutes, it was confirmed that I am indeed pregnant. I don't exactly know what to feel right at this very moment. Excitement? Anger? Sadness? Regret? All I know is that I am now responsible for this little baby inside of me, when I am still a baby myself. But I can no longer think like that. I have to suck it up, and only think what's best for my baby. After I left the doctor's office, I didn't know where I was going, I just kept driving until my foot hit the brake petal. Only to realize that I was now parked outside of my best friends apartment, Michael.

He was the only person besides my parents that knew the whole story behind Caleb and I. He had been so comforting about everything, and didn't judge me which I was glad for, so I knew that he was the only person I could go to with my newlyfound secret for the moment. I put my car in park, and pulled myself together after crying the whole way here.

I didn't exactly know what to say to him so I just walked uo to the door and banged on the door hard, might I add. I needed someone to comfort me and tell me that everything was going to be okay.

After 2 minutes of solid knocking, my knuckles were on the verge of bleeding and the door still hadn't opened. Just as I was about to walk away, I heard the door open, revealing a shirtless and very groggy looking Michael...

"Hey Nat what's up?" he asked wriggling his eyebrows noticing that something was wrong

"Hey Mike, can I come in?" I asked suddenly feeling terrible for waking him up.

"Yeah sure hun."

"Um, you're probably wondering why I am here so early in the morning without calling you in advance. I'm sorry for that by the way."

"It's okay, what's wrong?" his face now full of concern as he wiped a stray tear with his thumb from my face.

"Mike... I'm pregnant." I softly let out

His face fell suddenly.

"W-what?"

"I'm pregnant."

"How? You haven't had sex since that night though, and I'm sure the ass hole used protection?"

"Well it's been about 4 weeks since that day, and I started to get the symptoms so I called for an appointment. I went, and it was confirmed that I am indeed p-pregna-" I didn't even get to finish that sentence before sobbing again.

"It's okay, Nat. We'll get through this." he softly let out, rubbing circles on my back in the process.

"It's gonna be okay." was the last thing I heard before falling into complete bliss.

*Author's Note*

Hey lovelies! I'm sorry I haven't been able to update. I've been going through a horrible phase of writer's block on this book, but I promise that updates will become more frequent. Next chapter will be filled with surprises! I've been dying to know if you guys would want Caleb or Michael's P.O.V, so please let me know. Hang in there with me! I know this chapter was alright but they will get better. I am also working on a new book called "Hey June", so feel free to check it out, vote, and leave comments!

Remember, you're beautiful!

-Chaly♥