Chapter 1- Unexpected Call

"Just sixteen more minutes", I whispered to myself, as I sat in my Music Theory class listening to my professor; Dawn Washington, speak. I had nothing better than to than to stare around the small classroom with nothing but a teacher's desk, and about 20 other desks for us students. I mean, don't get me wrong I love music theory but not today. I wasn't in the mood to deal with it... Any of it. I couldn't wait for this class to finish, and rush back to my apartment to catch up on my sleep. I guess you could say it's my fault for staying up until 3:30 a.m. finishing my homework, because I procrastinated, but still, It was 8:30 a.m, and I was exhausted...

After Professor Dawn finished her speech on Chord Inversions, my body was aching, and my eyes were burning; I was so ready to go home. As I made my way out of the classroom, I noticed my phone vibrating. I was kind of hesitant to pick it up, because the caller ID was blocked. I picked it up and suddenly a wave of anger flooded over me when I heard a familiar voice coming from the other side of the phone, "Hello"? I said, in a very dry and harsh tone. "Hey Nathalie, it's me, Caleb-". My heart instantly dropped, and I felt my body tensing up slowly as I heard his voice.

"What the hell do you want"? I replied very harshly. "Nat, I just want to talk, I've missed you, please talk to me" he said in a very light, and scared tone. "Caleb, I don't want to talk to you! What's done is done". Before he could respond, I quickly ended the call, shoved the phone in my pocket, and rushed to my car trying to hold back the tears that were starting to form in my eyes. I couldn't believe he had the nerve to call me after I caught him sleeping with my former bestfriend, Rosalie Windham. I guess my feelings took complete control over me because as soon as I got in my car, I broke down.

I was feeling so many emotions at that time; anger, pain, and regret. It's been exactly 2 months since we broke up and unfortunately, I still had feelings for that asshole. Caleb was my the love of my life; or so I thought. We were going out for exactly 2 years and 5 months. I was so in love with him at the time, but all of that quickly changed the night of my 18th birthday.