Chapter 3- Something's wrong

It has been exactly one month since my eighteenth birthday, otherwise known as one of the worst days of my life. Since I got accepted into FSU, I learned that I could enroll for summer courses.

It was cheaper, and to my luck I was able to leave my hometown early. Once I left, I didn't look back. All of my heartache was left there. No Caleb, no Rosalie. I missed my parents dearly, but I Skyped them twice a week so they were fine with my early arrangement, besides they knew exactly where I was coming from.

After I told them what happened the day after, they were furious. It took every ounce of my sanity, to convince my father to not kill Caleb. Yes, I despised him, but not enough to see him dead. After all of that happened, I promised myself not to date until after I finished my Bachelor's Degree. I decided that I was going to start the college experience early with a few classes in the summer.

After I finished letting my emotions out, I pushed the phone call to the back of my head, and put my car in drive. On the way to my apartment a thousand things were running to my head, but the one thing that wouldn't leave was him, Caleb. I must of been so deep in thought that I forgot I was driving, because I almost hit an elderly lady as I was entering my apartment complex. "Oops" was the only thing that managed to slip out of my mouth.

I pulled up to my usual parking spot, and I was all of a sudden flushed with a wave of nausea. I quickly put my car in park, and ran to my apartment. Once in, I dashed to my bathroom emptying the contents of my stomach into the once clean, but now dirty toilet bowl.

I've been throwing up non stop for about a week, and im starting to think that I have a stomach bug. I quickly pulled myself together, brushed my teeth and splashed the ice cold facet water unto my face. I crouched down and opened my cabinet, and that's when it hit me.... I have skipped my period. "oh shit" I mumbled to myself. I can't be pregnant, I'm only 18. I haven't even started college officially. What will my parents think? I haven't had sex since... that night.... I cringed at the thought of that day...

I can't be, I am almost positive that Caleb used protection, he wouldnt have been that stupid. I'm pretty sure it's just due to the fact that I'm under a lot of stress seeing as im a new college student and im just now starting to get adjusted to this life.

Wasting no more time, I picked up my phone that had been sitting in my book bag and dialed my doctors number to schedule an appointment. I had to be sure....

*Phone Call*

"Hello Doctor Velasquez office, I'm Monica, how may I help you?" her sweet voice echoed through my head as I quickly snapped from my thoughts back to reality.

"G-good Afternoon, my name is Nathalie Rodriguez and I would like to schedule an appointment with Doctor Velasquez as soon as possible." my voice barely audible through the phone.

"Very well then ma'am, the soonest date we have available for you would be tomorrow around 1 p.m." I sighed in relief seeing as I wouldn't have to wait too long for an appointment.

"Okay, that is wonderful"

"For personal records may I ask the reason to you scheduling an appointment with Dr.Velasquez?"

"Uu'mmm, I would like to take a pregnancy test ma'am."

"Alright then, come tomorrow by 1:00 p.m. with proof of id, and a$20 co-pay. You're all set sweetheart. Have a nice day."

*End of phone call*

I set my phone on my nightstand, and headed towards the shower. Showers always seem to relax me. After a long and relaxing shower, I decided I would just go to bed and sleep. I'm soo exhausted...

~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

I awoke the next morning with a horrible.headache, and extreme nausea so I didn't doubt that a warm shower would do the trick, which by the way, it did. I quickly dried myself and walked over to my closet to pick out my outfit.

After what felt like hours trying to pick out something cute and comfortable. I finally decided on some black skinny capris, a yellow spaghetti strapped blouse, a black cardigan, yellow flats with flowers on the tips.

Since I didn't feel like bothering with my hair, I settled on brushing it and putting it back in a sleek high ponytail. When I walked over to check my phone the time read 12:30 am.. Damn! Where has the time gone? I grabbed a granola bar, my keys, purse, and practically ran out the door, locking it in the process.

I unlocked my car, made my way in and turned it on. The clock on the radio read 12:40 am which meant that I only had 20 minutes to get to the doctor's office.

Luckily for me, the drive from my apartment to the doctor's office was only about 13 minutes or so. I'm not going to lie, this has been by far the scariest thing that I have ever come across in my 18 years of existence. I can't be a mom at 18. I haven't even started college yet, I can barely take care of myself, and I simply never wanted to have kids. I've never been the "kids type".

Any time my moms friends would ask me to babysit, I would always make up some lame excuse as to why I couldn't babysit. I know what you're thinking... "Nathalie, why didn't you just tell them"? See, I could never bring myself to say no to them. I honestly dont know why.

I just DON'T. LIKE. KIDS. They cry, they whine, and they expect you to take care of them because they are too small to take care for themselves, and I just simply don't like that. I just can't be a mom... The stupid father is not even in the picture.... So the fact that I am only minutes away to finding out if I have some creature inside of me, scares the living crap out of me....

*Author's Note*

If you are reading this, it means that you are enjoying my book. I thank you all who have taken the time to read this book, and who keep reading it. Sorry if it's a little rush, I am editing as I update, and this I'd my very first book. I have a deep passion for reading and writing and now I have my chance to share one of my talents with all of you beautiful people. I would also LOVE some feedback on how you guys feel about the chapter's and such. I am currently in the process of making a Facebook page for the book so that you guys can see the characters and pictures of upcoming events. Again, thank you SO much for reading, and I PROMISE that as the next couple of chapter's develop, the story will get better so hang in there loves!

Stay lovely!

-Chaly ♥