Chapter 33

I felt the car come to a stop and I knew we were there. We were at Juilliard.

I checked the time and it was surprisingly 4:45. What the hell?

I looked over at Harry and his mouth was wide open, eyes staring at the school.

I didn't make a big deal of how big the school was or whatever. I had an audition in 15 minutes and wasn't going to waste time. I got out of the car and started walking to the doors. Harry got out and walked behind me.

As I walked in, I was met with students. Or people. Many, many people. They were very dressed up. Many boys wore suits and girls wore long, ball gowns. It seemed a bit too much. I could tell they also had auditions too by the way they laced around, looking at their papers.

"You have any clue where it is?" Harry asked, looking around.

The lights were dim, kind of like when you are getting ready to watch a movie in the movie theatre.

"I think so." I pointed toward the hall on the right, where a large sign was placed atop. It said, in bold letters, "Musical Auditions."

I knew that was me. I wasn't dance or art, so I was positive. We walked down the hall and on the left were doubled doors. It was the sign in.

We opened the doors and were met with a woman that worked here, I believe.

I could tell she was very tired. She must have had many auditions already.

"Name?" She said, in a tired voice.

"Anne Woods."

"Oh, Mrs. Woods." She said, scanning the paper on the desk. "Go to the auditorium and stay back stage until your name is called. There aren't but a couple more people before you, so it won't be much of a wait."

I signed a couple papers and she asked me a couple more questions, before she handed me a paper about the auditions and the wait.

"Where is the auditorium?" I asked.

She gestured and told me before I went in that direction.

As I walked in the door that lead to the backstage, I was met with 4 people. 2 boys, 2 girls. They had suits and ball gowns on. I don't know why they are so dressed up, but that's their choice.

I sat down in one of the unoccupied seats, with Harry on my left.

I looked up and saw a TV up at the top of the room. It was on of the people auditioning. They seemed to be playing the violin.

I didn't want to watch anymore, so I looked down and sat back in my seat. Harry seemed to be occupied by the TV, and I seemed to be occupied by him.

"It's not nice to stare," he brought me out of my trance and smirked.

"Sorry," I shook my head and laid my head on the wall.

And that was the end of our talk.

Soon, the other auditioners were gone and it was just me and Harry.

I kept thinking and thinking. Harry is going to see me perform it audition or whatever you want to call it and I don't want him to. The song is Peter and I's song and... It's our song.

I know the judges or whatever you would like to call them, will hear it, but it doesn't bother me as much as Harry hearing it does.

As I was about to tell him not to see it, another voice spoke.

"Anne Woods, we are now ready for your audition."