Mate of the Werewolf - The Bronze Wolf and the Shade Wolf

Ps: Sorry for the shortness, the next chapters should be longer. I just wanted to leave with a cliff-hanger. Cos, ya know, I wanted to be evil.

------

Chapter 7: The Bronze Wolf and the Shade Wolf

"What other wolves?" Ethan asked.

However, Camellia was far too infuriated to pay much attention to him and continued to rant rather incoherently - something along the lines that all men were bastards and how dare they treat her so poorly. Of course, those weren't her exact words, but a variation of them.

Everything was always about her and if something did not go her way she would resort to using sexism as an excuse. And it was starting to become a little bit annoying having to put up with it all the time.

"Ya know, just because you're a guy-"

"This has nothing to do with sexism!" Ethan surprisingly yelled at her, a sense of impatience coming through as all he wanted to know who these other wolves were and if they needed his help in some way. "Stop using that as an excuse for everything!"

A thick silence suddenly fell over them as Camellia stared at him in a mild sense of surprise as well as indignity that he actually had the audacity to answer back. But that soon faded into a look of pure aggression.

"...Excuse me?" Camellia hissed slowly, dangerously, her eyes narrowing into a cold, silent glare. "What did you just say?"

Ethan subconsciously took a step back and found himself swallowing thickly. "Y-you heard me."

"Oh, I heard something, but I certainly hope it wasn't what I think you said," Camellia continued to snarl in a most animalistic way as she approached him threateningly. "What's wrong? Afraid that I could beat you up?"

"You do constantly," Ethan found himself retorting as he took a step to the side in order to prevent himself from being cornered, feeling somewhat bolder tonight then he had felt before. Perhaps it was because that he could feel that Chance was nearby. "You do realize that's called abuse?"

"Oh, you think I'm abusing you?" Camellia snapped with the two of them now circling, seizing each other up. Ethan had no desire for this conversation to turn physical, but all Camellia knew was to insult and mock her opponent, so it wasn't beneath her to transform into her wolf form and attack him without a moment's hesitation.

"No, that can't happen," she continued to speak. "You see, I'm only defending myself in a male dominated environment. There's no such thing of a woman beating up a man. It just doesn't happen."

Ethan pressed his lips together into a thin line, feeling torn between anger that she would say such a thing and pity that she actually believed those words.

Suddenly, Camellia sniffed at the air and came to an abrupt pause in her movements.

"What's that smell?" she questioned as she continued to sniff the air. "What is it?"

Ethan felt a sense of panic rise from within him. "It's nothing," he quickly reported.

But she ignored him, sniffing the air and slowly turned her attention on him. She then lunged forward and took a strong sniff of him. "That's..." she murmured as her eyes widen in recognition before then narrowing viscously.

"That mangy wolf's!" she screamed as she bared her fangs and began to transform, the sound of clothes ripping quickly following. "You traitor! I'll kill you for betraying me!"

All rational thought left him as Ethan quickly transformed into wolf as well and made a break for it, out the front door and into the night air.

********

And he just ran.

Where he was going or what he was going to do when he got there, Ethan didn't know he knew he just had to avoid his sister for however long it had to take. He knew, from past experience, that whenever she got this angry, there was no pleasing her until she killed some poor defenceless animal or take her rage out on some injured and fatigued rouge wolf.

Breathing heavily, Ethan slowly trotted to a stop and took a moment to catch his breath. His sister may not appreciate to hear this, but his speed was greater than her own, something he had required after much training. After all, sneaking out behind his sister's back to help a wandering wolf took speed and stealth, of which he had to maintain daily.

His sister, on the other hand, used her words to make her appear stronger than she really was.

Suddenly, a new scent tickled his senses and Ethan lifted his head up, his white ears twitching cutely upon his head. Taking another sniff, Ethan moved his white wolf form toward the scent, trying to appear as if he wasn't a threat to whomever these scents beyond to.

Yes, there were two scents, both male. Were these the wolves his sister spoke of?

"Who's there?" Ethan asked as he continued to move forward carefully.

Then, out of the shadows appeared the forms of two wolves, one the colour of ash and the other a gentle brown, the former appearing more dominating than the latter. A moment to silently study each other followed briefly before the two companion wolves shared a look.

"So," the brown wolf started to speak. "You're the White Wolf, then?"

"That I am," Ethan replied.

"Heh," the ash coloured wolf suddenly half-chuckled, half shorted as he lowered his head. "You're the one we've been searching for."

"Looking for me?" Ethan questioned as he tilted his head to the side in mild curiosity, again slightly surprised at how well known he truly was. It was almost embarrassing in a way. "Is there something I can do for you?"

"Yes, you see my name is Myles, the Bronze Wolf and this is Ross, the Shade Wolf," the brown wolf known as Myles introduced as he and his companion Ross began to approach him. "And you can come with us."

Ethan was very clearly startled by that and he reeled his head back in surprise. "What?"

"Our pack leader has heard of you and wishes to meet you," Myles informed him, he and Ross now circling him as though he was nothing more than prey to them. "You would indeed come in handy."

"Sorry," Ethan said as he proceeded to step backwards, his head lowered closer to the ground so he could defend himself if necessary. "But I belong to no pack."

"That will change," Myles replied, although there was a very light sense of sympathy in his voice, almost as if he didn't wish to do what he was about to do.

"I'm not going with you," Ethan informed them strongly, yet highly confused as to why, truly why, this was happening.

"Sorry, you don't have a choice," Ross said as he hunched down on his hunches, seemingly readying himself to pounce. And quickly looking over to his other side, Ethan could see that Myles was ready to do the same thing.

They were quite literally willing to drag him back to their pack if needed!

Immediately, Ethan felt a sense of fear wash over him. "Chance!"