Mate of the Werewolf - A Wolf Pack Sticks Together

AN: Last chapter! I know, that’s pretty sad, huh? Thank you all so much for commenting, voting and adding this story to your library. I hope you enjoy!

-

Chapter 13: A Wolf Pack Sticks Together

“Myles?”

Ethan quirked his head to the side in question and mild concern. Why would Ross request that he take a look at Myles? Was he hurt in some way?

Wait, he was holding up his paw earlier. Did he sprain it, or...?

Even Chance looked concern as he looked at Ross with both eyes open. As the Alpha of his pack he had a responsibility to ensure the health and safety of his pack mates. With Raven’s reign of terror over, he was certain that there will be some scars to heal.

“Did something happen?” Chance asked as he made a move to sit up, being cautious of the bandages around his torso.

Ross pressed his lips together in annoyance before breathing an irritated sigh. “Raven wasn’t too pleased that we failed in our mission.”

Chance’s reaction to the answer gave the indication that he wasn’t surprise, nor happy about it at all. “I see.”

Ethan, however, wasn’t entirely sure what it meant. But from the two older wolves’ reactions, he guessed it wasn’t good. “What does that mean?” he asked.

“Raven was very...cruel to his pack,” Chance explained as he slipped his legs over the side of the bed, reaching for a pair of pants to wear, Ethan helping greatly with his movements. While Ethan wanted Chance to rest as much as possible, he also knew that Chance wouldn’t just sit idly by when one of his fellow werewolves was in pain.

“A failure always results in punishment,” Chance said with a great amount of anger on Myles and Ross’s behalves.

“Myles is hurt,” Ethan said with a frown on his lips. “Where is he?”

Suddenly, they heard a yelp from down stairs, most likely from the kitchen area. Immediately, Ross’s eyes widen and turned on his heel, leaving the room in a hurry. He was no doubt frantic to get to his mate’s side to help ease his pain.

His concern growing, Ethan helped Chance into a set of pants and then to his feet. With one arm around Chance’s waist to steady him, Ethan used his other hand to snare a few left over bandages that were sitting on his bedside table. He then helped Chance descend the stairs, moving slowly as not to cause him further pain as well as open any healing injuries.

Reaching the bottom of the stairs, Ethan watched as Ross practically drag Myles out of the kitchen, the shorter male insisting that he was fine, that there wasn’t anything to worry about.

“Myles,” Chance said with a light air of exasperation in his voice, removing his arm from Ethan’s shoulders to lean heavily against the wall.

Myles immediately dropped his chin to his chest upon hearing his name. “I’m sorry Alpha,” he said softly, refusing to look at Chance in the eyes as he cradled his wrist against his chest.

“It’s alright,” Ethan said softly, soothingly, in a nurturing parental kind of way. “You’ve injured your wrist.”

Ethan made a move to take his hand so he could assess his injury, but Myles flinched and drew away from him. “It’s nothing,” he said.

“No more of that,” Chance suddenly commanded, moving to step from the wall.

Myles winced subtly, almost unseen, but Ethan had caught it and was certain that Chance did as well. “Yes, Alpha.”