Chapter Three

"How many nights does it take to count the stars, thats the time it would take to fix my heart" ~infinity One Direction

I woke up to the smell of pancakes wafting through the house and quickly snapped up out of bed. I ran down stairs in my pyjamas which was an over sized tshirt and a pair of grey cotton shorts and my hair in a messy bun. I got to the kitchen and when I walked in I saw all the boys hanging in the kitchen. I stood dead in my tracks when they all turned around.
"Oh hell no" I said as I didn't want them to see me in what I was wearing.
"Asher!" They all yelled and I turned on my heals and ran so they couldn't see me. Once I turned I heard all of them get up and run after me. I started running up the stairs but made a mistake to look back. I saw Kai right behind me and seeing how gorgeous he was made me trip and fall over smacking my head.
"Omg Asher are you okay?" He said kneeling down next to me. The others crowded around me staring at me.
"My head hurts" I said putting my hand on my forehead.
"Asher you're cut" he said looking at my forehead closely. I pulled my hand away from my forehead to find it was covered in blood.
"Someone grab a wet cloth" Kai ordered and I saw Carter run to the bathroom. He came back with what Kai wanted and he placed it on my head.
"Of course this happens when the adults are out" Tyler said laughing trying to lighten the mood.
"I think you might need stitches I'll take you" Kai said offering me a hand. I took hold of his hand and stood up but I began feeling dizzy so I grabbed hold of his shoulders to hold myself up.
"I feel dizzy" I said quietly closing my eyes trying to make it go away.
Without a word Kai picked me up bridal style and began carrying me down the stairs.
"Well so much for not wanting anyone to see me looking like this" I said laughing. Kai laughed with me.
"You still look beautiful" he said softly still laughing at me.
Kai told the other boys that we would be back soon and managed to convince them to stay. Kai put me in the passenger side of the car and got in the drivers side and started the journey to the hospital.
The car ride was silent until we got to the hospital.
"Are you feeling alright?" He asked as we stopped in the car park.
"I still feel a little dizzy but I'm a bit better" I honestly said getting out the car as he opened the door. Kai put his arm around my waist holding me just in case I felt dizzy again.
"This is what I get for wanting pancakes" I said laughing as we walked into the large building.
"No this is what you get for running away from us" Kai said laughing at his own joke. We sat in the waiting room until a young nurse called my name. She looked Kai up and down and winked at him obviously trying to flirt with him. I felt a little bit jealous watching her try and score with Kai but I shouldn't be were just friends and he'd never like me like that. As we walked into the room where the doctor was the nurse slipped a piece of paper into Kai's pocket. He looked at her oddly and threw the piece of paper in the bin after she had left. I felt my mood lift when he did that.
"Hello Miss.... Marshall" the doctor said reading the clip board with my information on it.
"What have we got here" he said beginning go examine my head.
"I tripped on some stairs and hit my head" I said softly trying to forget how sore my head was.
"Hmm I see well I think you're going to need some stitches" the doctor began stitching my head back together and Kai looked at what he was doing and flinched every time they went in. I smiled at how soft he was with this kind of stuff. Once the doctor was done he put a small bandaid on my head and gave me some pain killers. I thanked him and we made our way out of the hospital.
"Well that was an eventful morning" I said to Kai and we both laughed.
"I can't believe how much of a girl you are when it come to needles" I said shoving him and making him laugh.
"I can't believe how much of a klutz you are" he said laughing even harder. We finally made it to his car in hysterics and made our way back to my place.
"She's back" Tyler yelled coming up to me.
"You look like a pirate" he laughed looking at me head.
"But a sexy pirate" Charlie added winking at me. That earned an elbow from Tyler which made us all laugh.
"What I was just being honest" he said in defence.
"Well I'm going to go get changed" I said leaving the boys to their mischievousness. I ran upstairs and had a quick shower drying myself and my hair then put on light makeup and out my long hair in a messy bun. I walked over to my cupboard and put on a simple black billabong bikini and but a floral billabong sundress over the top of it. I put some Marc Jacobs daisy Purfume on and put my sunnies on my head before heading back down to the boys. I found them all in the games room playing games on the Xbox. Kai smiled at me when he saw me come into the room and motioned for me to come sit next to him. The game finished and Kai handed me the remote.
"Want a shot?" He asked and I gratefully took it. I was playing against Carter and well let's just say he tries. I bet him with ease and everyone laughed.
"That's not even fair even Asher can beat me!" He said sulking.
"Aw Carter its okay I'm sure you're good at something" I said laughing.
"Let's go for a surf" Brax announced and all the boys started getting up. Kai and Tyler looked at me as they both knew what was going on.
"Do you want to come?" Tyler asked looking at me.
"Yeah it's cool I'll just sit on the beach" I said giving him a smile. He smiled back and ran off to join the other guys.
"Are you sure you're okay to come? We can hang out somewhere else if you don't want to?" Kai said looking at me.
"It's alright honestly I just won't go in the water" I smiled at Kai and he smiled back. We got up and made our way out to the cars. We took Kai's and Tyler's cars down to the local surfing beach. I went in Tyler's car with Brax and Nate while Charlie, Ridah and Carter went with Kai. We arrived at the beach and there were a few people out on the water but there wasn't as many as I thought. A few groups of girls sat along the beach watching the boys in the water. We all got out and the cars and the boys grabbed their boards. I grabbed my bag with water and a towel in it and followed them down to the sand. They chucked their stuff in a spot and took their shirts off running into the water with their boards. I took my dress off and sat down on my towel in my bikini.
"Charlie was right you're a sexy pirate" I turned around to see Kai smirking at me. He took his shirt off and sat down next to me while he waxed his board.
"I can stay here and sit with you if you want" Kai said smiling at me. I blushed at how sweet he is and tried hiding my face.
"No it's alright I want to see how good you are" I replied shoving him a little.
"Well I reckon you'll be impressed" he said cheekily as he got up and picked up his board. He winked at me before running out to the water. I couldn't help but stare at his amazing body. His muscly arms and shoulders that tensed up with the weight of his board. I laid down on my stomach and put my headphones in listening to music while I watched the boys. All seven of them paddled out to where the waves were forming. Charlie caught the first one of course cause he's a show off, he rode it nicely but you could tell he was trying too hard and all his tricks were rushed and unperfected. I saw a group of girls cheer when he was finished and I rolled my eyes. Of course here comes the boys fan club. One by one the boys caught their waves and they were all really good even Tyler has got crazy good since I saw him last surf back in Australia. Lastly Kai caught his wave and I felt my heart race, I've never seen someone ride so well, he was a gutsy surfer but he pulled of everything perfectly and fluently. I felt mesmerised watching him it was like the world stood still and the only thing was him and the wave. After about an hour Kai caught a wave in and I saw all the girls cheer and squeal as he walked out of the water. It was like watching an angel, his toned abs and pecks were dripping with water and his V-line stood out so well that it made me blush. He ran his fingers through his sun bleached hair and began running up to me. I heard the girls talking and bitching and I think they thought he was going to come up to them. He looked at me mischsviously and smirked biting his lip. Oh no what has this boy got in mind. I quickly sat up on my towel and took my headphones out just in time. He dropped his board and ran straight up to me wrapping his strong arms around my small frame and picking me up swinging me around.
"Kai you're all wet put me down" I squealed as he hugged me tighter. He accidentally lost his footing and fell over with me landing on top of him.
"Well that turned out pretty good" he said laughing.
"In your dreams sunshine" I joked poking my tongue out. I saw him smirk and he quickly rolled over so he was on top of me. He shook his hair in my face and all the water came out saturating me.
"You're such a little shit" I laughed trying to push him off.
"You love me cause I'm your bestie" he said smiling.
"Well of course" I said matter of factly. And with my words I saw a massive grin for on his face.
"Aw Asher you're my bestie too" he said laughing. He finally got off me and stood up.
"Im gonna go get a drink do you need anything?" He asked about to walk away.
"No I'm fine" I smiled at him and watched him walk away, gosh that boy is beautiful. I laid back down on my towel and put my headphones back in. It was peaceful for about 30 seconds until I was interrupted by a group of 5 girls standing at my feet with their arms crossed giving me the the dirtiest look ever. I took my head phones out and sat up looking at them awkwardly.
"Um can I help you?" I asked as nicely as I could.
"Yeah you can help me by staying away from my boyfriend! Who do you think you are slutting around our boys" the fake blonde girl in the middle spat at me.
"Your boyfriend?" I said akwardly who was she talking about. She looked at me with a smirk on her face.
"Kai is mine so back off bitch you'll never be good enough for him" she smirked at me and all her friends laughed. I felt really anxious and devastated. Kai has a girlfriend, I mean it's none of my business but whatever it would of been nice to know. Kai emerged from behind the girls and looked between us oddly.
"What's going on?" He asked looked at me. I didn't want to talk to him I just shrugged.
"Kai baby I missed you" the blonde slag sweetly said putting her hands on his chest.
"Hey Sophie" he said kindly kissing her cheek. And that was the moment that my world came crashing down. A lump formed in my throat and I felt like I just wanted to run. I picked up my stuff and walked away without saying goodbye to any of them. The girls all laughed at me and the bitch of a thing that he calls Sophie decided to speak up.
"That's right run away back to where you came from and watch out for the cars" she said bitterly. I stopped in my tracks at her words. How would she know about that? What kind of sick person would say that. I heard a new voice from behind me but didn't bother looking.
"Kai what the fuck why would you let her say that to Ash! Take your fake little slut and get away from here" I knew that voice it was Charlie. I kept walking as my head began to feel dizzy. No not here anxiety not now, my vision became blurring and I started stumbling. I tried concentrating on my breathing but I couldn't escape it. I felt my body hit the sand and my eyes struggling to stay open.
"Asher!" I heard Charlie yell as he came running up to me.
I stopped fighting it and just let it take me.