Chapter Five

A smile stayed planted on my face as I walked into work. Last night was all I could think about. Kai went to so much effort for my forgiveness and I'm more than happy to have my best mate back. I put my stuff down and walked out the front making sure the clothes were all tidy.
"What are you smiling about?" Annabel who I was working with asked. Annabel is Kai's cousin she's 20 and tall slim and has long brown curly hair.
"What? nothing I'm not smiling about anything" I said feeling embarrassed that she noticed.
"Oh yeah I know that look you got that star dust in your eyes girl" she said laughing.
Right then I heard the door open and close but didn't see who it was, until two strong arms wrapped around me making me squeal.
"Hello bestie" Kai said holding me tight making me laugh.
"Hey bestie" I replied still laughing.
"Dads wants you to give this to uncle Sando"Kai said giving a bag to Annabel.
"Okay will do" she replied taking the bag.
Kai walked back over to me and leaned against the rack that I was hanging clothes on.
"so Ash what are you doing after work?" he asked with a devilish grin on his face.
"nothing why's that?" I replied continuing what I was doing.
"there's a beach party down the cove, do you want to come?" he said giving me puppy dog eyes. I stopped what I was doing to look at the beautiful boy with his messy blonde hair and his incredible eyes.
"um I guess I could do that" I said watching as a massive smile emerged on his face revealing his dimple.
"aw yay I'm so happy now" he said giving me a hug.
Customers began to swarm into the store so Kai said goodbye and left.
----------
Finally the day is over and I can go home to get ready for the party.
"So you and Kai hey?" Annabel asked as she locked the door on the way out.
"We're just best mates" I said trying not to blush.
"Oh yeah whatever I see the way he looks at you, you too will be together, I give you until the end of the summer" she said before saying goodbye and walking off to her car. I got on my board and began skating home with a big grin on my face. I wonder if what Annabel said was true, does Kai actually look at me a certain way... No stop brain it's probably him just being friendly.
I finally got home and saw Tyler and Charlie on the couch. I felt all sweaty and smelly so I decided to jump on Charlie and gross him out.
"Oh hey Ash.... Eww you smell" Charlie said after I wrapped my arms around him.
"Stop squirming you love it" I laughed.
I decided to stop harassing him and got off.
"So are you guys going to the party tonight?" I asked them as their eyes were fixed on the TV.
"Sure am are you?" Tyler asked not looking away from the TV.
"Well I am now after Kai invited me thanks for the heads up from you lot" I said pretending to be hurt.
"Well I didn't think it was your scene... You know cause it's a beach party and all" Tyler said awkwardly looking at me now. I tried to change the subject and soon realised I didn't know what I was going to wear.
"Omg I don't Know what to wear what do I do?" I said frantically pacing around.
"Wear nothing that would look good" Charlie said cheekily. I gave him a sarcastic glare and Tyler hit him in the arm.
"Ouch what I was only kidding" he defended himself.
"Let's be honest you weren't joking" Tyler said making us all laugh.
"Just wear something pretty" Tyler said being so very helpful (note sarcasm).
"You lot are about as helpful as a cat caught in a radiator" I said walking upstairs. As I walked I could here Charlie was confused.
"A what what?" He asked Tyler.
"Aussie humour" Tyler noted as he obviously couldn't be bothered to explain. I went up to my room and picked out an outfit to wear. I decided on my denim short shorts, a white crop top Bikini top and of course the watching bottoms. I had a shower first and then dried my hair leaving it down and in its natural waves. I put on a little bit of mascara and then put on my outfit and putting on some Marc Jacobs daisy perfume. I slipped on my thongs (the shoes not underwear) and grabbed my phone heading down stairs. All the boys had gone to Braxton's place to get ready so it was just the adults and Maya home. I walked passed the kitchen and heard little footsteps behind me.
"Ashy you look so pretty" she said as I turned around to look at her.
"Aw and so do you May" I said giving her a hug.
I said a quick goodbye to her before I heard a car pull up and realised it was Kai.
He met me at the door and when he looked at me a big smile formed on his face. I looked at what he was wearing which was a white RUCA muscle singlet, denim cut off shorts and a black RUCA hat on backwards. We looked at each other's outfits and laughed.
"Why do we always dress so similar" he said laughing.
"I think we share the same mind" I added between bursts of laughter.
We got into his car and started the short trip to the cove where the party was. We arrived and could hear the loud music echoing up the beach. Drunk half naked girls were scattered all over the beach some hanging off guys while others were nearly passed out on the sand. We got out the car and I started to feel nervous. I think Kai noticed because he grabbed my hand and smiled me.
"Just hang around us boys and you'll be okay" he assured me leading me onto the beach. People said hello to Kia as we walked down the beach and many people looked oddly at me... Especially the girls. We arrived at a large group of boys with a few girls amongst them and I realised it was my boys group.
"Ashyyyy poo" Cory said running up to me and hugging me.
"You are so drunk man" I said laughing.
"No way I'm cool cuz" he assured me stumbling off to who I was assuming we're his mates.
I turned back to the group to see all the boys form running at me and engulfed me in a massive hug.
"Aw did you boys miss me?" I said trying to hug them all as I was being squished. They all finally let go and I saw a pack off girls give me odd looks, jealous much.
"Time for skittle bombs" Kai yelled picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder.
"Kai put me down" I squealed.
"Hmm that would be a no" he said continuing to walk somewhere. He poured out five shots each one of each colour (there's five skittle colours) and we quickly drank them. I began to feel a bit excited and decided to do a speed round against all the boys and the loser has to streak naked down to the water and back.
"Ready... Set... Go!" I said and we all quickly threw back the shots and of course him being the spud he is Braxton came last. We all laughed as he stripped down and ran down to the beach and back. We heard girls squealing as he ran passed and by the time he got back we were all in hysterics.
As the night went on we became drunker and drunker and soon I had lost all the boys. I aimlessly wondered the beach trying to spot one of the boys when a familiar whining voice came from behind me.
"Oh look its the boyfriend stealing whore" I turned around to see Sophie and her poise behind me. Sophie stood there hand on hip in the skimpiest bikini I've ever seen. She's pretty but god her personality makes her seem like the ugliest person ive met. I just looked at her and rolled my eyes and began walking away.
But she grabbed me pulling me to face her.
"I'm talking to you" she snapped, rage filling her eyes. I swear I could see the devil dancing behind her dark grey eyes. The light of the bonfire glisened in them turning them an almost red.
" I have nothing to say to you" I replied calmly trying to get away.
"I'll make you pay for this" she snarled.
A strong arm wrapped around my waist tugging me away.
"Get over yourself Sophie, Kai doesn't want you" It was Charlie. He dragged me away from the pack with him arm protectively wrapped around my waist.
"Thanks Charlie". I  said as we walked away.
"You're one of us know Ash and us boys are family therefore you are family, and I'd do anything for family" he said smiling. 
I just smiled back at him. This Charlie isn't the cocky guy that he portrays himself like on the outside. I know Charlie is a great person he just has a big ego that gets him in trouble sometimes.
We wandered down the beach until we found the other boys. Kai spotted us first and looked from Charlie to me and then at Charlie's arm that was still around my waist. Charlie caught his glance and quickly removed his arm. Kai looked kinda angry but he shook it off giving me a big grin.
"Man Sophie and her hoes we're giving Ash grief" Charlie said to the boys.
Kai looked at me sympathetically, I know he feels bad.
"I hate those girls. Especially Sophie... Kai why did you ever go there" Brax slurred half drunk making us all laugh.
It was getting later and we were all getting drunker. Brax and Nate had wandered off with a couple girls they found and god knows what they were up to. The rest of the boys were mingling around the bonfire with the remaining people still at the party... well the conscious ones anyway. So it was just Kai and I sitting on the sand looking out into the water. I made a shitty sand castle with my hands trying to make it look as neat as possible.
"Remind me never to let you design my house" Kai mocked laughing at my sandcastle.
I looked at him with a playful glare.
"Don't diss my perfection" I slurred back at him causing him to erupt in laughter.
"You're so drunk" he said laying back in the sand laughing. Suddenly he sat up. Mischief dancing in his eyes and he shot up picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder.
"Kai what are you going?" I squealed. He began running and I could hear the ocean getting closer and closer. I started to feel anxious knowing exactly what he was doing.
"Kai no" I screamed but he didn't listen and suddenly water engulfed my entire body.
I emerged from the water and stared at him. He looked at me his eyes soarklijg.
"I know that was probably rough but I think it was the only way to get you in" he softly said looking down.
I looked out into the water and closed my eyes hearing the crash of waves and feeling the soft tug of the tide.
I moved closer to Kai his eyes still fixed on the water. I picked his head up with my finger and smiled at him.
"I'm not mad" I softly spoke smiling at him.
"Even from seeing you stand in the water the other day I knew how much you belong in it, it runs through your veins Ash and I can't bare to watch you throw away something that makes you who you are" he looked into my eyes  and suddenly the world stopped moving. In this one perfect moment it was only me, Kai and the warm ocean water that surrounded us. I felt at home. Memories flooded into my head and with them tears weld in my eyes. I couldn't hold them in and instead I wrapped my arms around Kai's chest and hugged him letting my tears flow freely. He held me back tightly resting his chin on my head.
"I'm here Ash and I'm not going to leave you, I'm gonna get you through this" his words were simple but genuine and they were all I could ever want.