(2) MIZUKI

(2) MIZUKI

      Clutching my suitcase, by the handle, I wheeled it outside Saika’s house where her older brother, Shin was waiting. He’s hair was a darker shade of purple then Saika’s but they shared the same light, icy blue eyes that were almost scary but at the same time beautiful.

     Today is the 1st day of college, so we had a long drive back to Tokyo Boarding High. I had spent the previous night at Saika’s house. Besides, there was no one else at home. My adoptive mother was always at work and I didn’t have a father or any siblings.

     I'm an orphan and I was adopted by my mum now, when I was only two months old. I never knew my real parents or what happened to them. They died when I was like a month and half old, just after I was baptized and given the name Mizuki Cheza Ochi. It never really bothered me that I did not know my real parents. I never knew them anyways but it does not matter because I love my mother now.

     Saika is like a sister to me. She’s my best friend and I tell her everything. She’s the only one in our friendship group that is also a gunslinger; we hunt down dangerous monsters that could be a threat to the monster world.

     Saika was already outside, loading her suitcase in the trunk of her brother’s car. Shin was driving us to Tokyo Boarding High. 

  “You all set?” Saika asked.

  “Yeah,” I smiled, wheeling my suitcase to the back of the trunk with Saika’s things. Immediately, as I picked up the suitcase I fell back to the ground, its heavy weight crushing my bones. Bloody hell, this thing is heavy! Shin burst out laughing and Saika did not hold in her giggles either.

  “Would you two shut the hell up and help me?!” I asked, angrily. Shin lifted the heavy suitcase off of me and placed it in the trunk and Saika gave me a hand up. I glared at her.

  “Sorry,” she said, still giggling. I continued glaring at her but could not help bursting into a fit of giggles myself. Saika’s mum came out from the house.

  “Are you two ready?” she asked.

  “Yeah,” said Saika.

  “Take care, both of you and call me as soon as you get there safe. Okay?” Saika’s mum hugged Saika and kissed her on the forehead.

  “Yes, mum,” Saika rolled her eyes, embarrassed. Shin smirked at her.  Shin had already started the car and Saika got in.

  “Take care of each other, Mizuki,” said Saika’s mum, giving me a hug too.

  “I will,” I said, getting into the car. I closed the door after me and then we waved goodbye to Saika’s mum as we left Saika’s house.

 ***********************************************************************************************************

      Saika and I walked in to Tokyo Boarding High. In a group, our friends Soubi, Kaeda, Miki, Shana, Rio, Yuri, Ayu, Rima, Dai and Seimei were chatting happily, near the cafeteria. Kaeda saw us and grinned.

  “Dai looks so cute!” giggled Saika.

  “Yeah, yeah,” I agreed, not really caring. Amongst them, I was too busy looking for Akemi. There was no sign of him.

     I remember when I first, met Akemi. It was in our old school. When I first met him, I remember being so happy and really wanting to be his friend so badly, because he was the only boy there that seemed to be my type but he never liked me. I remember, when we all used to hang out Rima, Soubi and the others, except Seimei, Shana, Kaeda and Yuri were not there of course and I really wanted to be Akemi’s best friend that was a girl, but he always treated me like crap and glared at me every time. I was so upset, thinking what was wrong with me and why he did not want to be friends with me, but then I eventually got over it but we still hung out in the same group so there were a lot of arguments between the two of us. At first, I liked arguing with him. It was so funny and I think Akemi liked it too. The others used to watch us two, quietly, sniggering behind our backs. We always really started fights to entertain the others.