Chapter 7: Gym

hi everyone! :) :) hope my little author's notes thingies aren't annoying you :) but i like to keep in touch with everyone. ahh, so yes, this chapter may not be the most exciting of everything i have ever written, but HEY! guess what? *you: what?* me: the next chapter's going to be from mr. evans point of view! yes, that's right NOAH! for all you team noah fangirls :P hehe <333 just wait. it'll be good. and maybe even a tad longer than my previous chapters. p.s. any song recommendations for the side? i don't know a good song that would suit this chapter well. thanks! love ya dearies! *hugs*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 7: Gym

“Why doesn’t little Chloe McKinnon want anybody to know she has a boyfriend?” I whisper to myself under my breath.

“What did you say?” Maddy nudged me.

“I’ll tell you later.”

I twirl a lock of blonde hair around my finger. Who could Chloe’s boyfriend even be? He certainly must not go to our school. Other than her small group of friends and Kale (I shiver at the thought of him associating with the likes of her), no boy really talks to her, let alone walks through the hall  holding hands or waiting for her at her locker. No, he definitely doesn’t go here, I would know.

She also didn’t have a boyfriend at the end of our junior year, so this little get together must have occurred over the summer. But who the heck would Chloe hang out with outside of school over the summer? I’m not saying that she’s not nice, as much as I hate to admit it, I’ll swallow my pride and say she is; but that girl was way too quiet for me to imagine her with a boyfriend. What had she even done over the summer other than go on college visits?

And why would Chloe wish to keep her new found love a secret? News travels quickly in my school, especially when it’s gossip about who’s dating who and such. So Chloe must not have wanted people to know and swore who did know to secrecy. Otherwise, I would have known by now. But my question is: Why? I’m all too skeptical. If she wanted it a secret, then what should I do with my information? Should I tell the whole school? Or should I keep it to myself for possible blackmail usage later? I decided for the second. I’ve got valuable information and I can’t afford to lose it.

Bbbbbbrrrrriiiiiiiinnnnggggg!

And there goes the bell.

“You’ve got a lot of talking to do later,” Maddy jokes.

“I know,” I shrug cutely.

I gather up all of my books and Maddy follows me out of class. Second period. Second Period. What the hell do I have second period? I split from Maddy and walk to my locker to check my schedule but before I click in my combination, I see Kale pestering Chloe at her locker. I grind my teeth together. It’s okay, Olivia, I tell myself, she has a boyfriend. Ah yes, the comforting reminder of reality.

Just then I feel a playful pinch at my side. Caught off guard, I spin around, nearly losing balance on my heels.

“Liv!” Noah grabs my arms, keeping me standing up straight.

“Oh! Hey, Noah.”

“Maybe you should stop wearing heels,” he suggests innocently.

“When you stop wearing polo’s,” I smirk, popping his collar.

“Last year you said polo’s on guys were hot.” He glared at me and fixed his collar back down. “Anyways, we have gym now.”

And there goes the sarcastic round of applause in my head. I hate gym. I turn to my locker to get my gym clothes.