Chapter 5: Lurking Shadows

Veronica's POV:
I hate myself for sleeping so much, I could've been hanging out with Kyle all day. He probably thinks I'm lying, I mean who sleeps till 8 pm??? Me. That's who.

I got up and showered quickly, leaving my hair rapped in a towel as I made my way towards the closet.

I stared at my closet for a good 3 minutes before settling on a black knit tank top and some white skinny high waisted shorts.

I quickly changed and put on some black combat boots. I then traveled to the mirror, releasing my hair from the towel.

I have naturally wavy/straight hair so I just tossed it around a couple times and added a di-frizzling cream.

After applying vanilla cream all over my body and spraying a perfume mist, I was ready to meet Kyle.

••••••••••

The sun had already set and all the neighbors had their front porch lights on.

I was standing by the swing waiting for Kyle to get here. To be completely honest I had a thousand butterflies in my stomach fluttering around, it was so weird.

I finally saw him. He was making his way towards me with the biggest smile on his face. He was wearing black skinny jeans and a plain white t-shirt. He looked so hot and instantly another thousand butterflies erupted in my stomach.

"Well someone looks extremely beautiful today" he said while doing that whole whistle thing boys do.

I automatically felt myself turn hot and flushed. I hate when he makes me blush.

"Back at ya handsome" I say, shooting him a wink. We both bursted out laughing with how cheesy that was.

"So what are our plans today?" I question

"Hmm I'm assuming you haven't eaten a thing? Am I correct?"

I giggled, giving myself away. "Actually I'm STARVING. The last thing I ate were your grilled cheese sandwich" I gave him a little pout causing him to smile.

Kyle insisted on taking me to a little diner that had the and I quote "best fucking chicken tenders you'll ever taste", instantly making me laugh. We walked towards his motorcycle. YES! I get to ride on this pretty baby again.

••••••••••

We arrived at "Mrs. Berthworth's diner". The diner was old fashioned and gave a sort of homely feel to it.

The waitress sat us in a booth facing the center and handed us our menus. Before I even got to scan the menu Kyle grabbed it right from my hand. "There's no use in looking at the menu. You're getting the tenders"

"What about my drink?" I protested, "I wanted to see if they had a strawberry milkshake or a Coke float"

"They have that, don't worry"

I gave him the cutest smile I could muster and just as I was about to answer him, I was interrupted by a high pitched, screechy voice.