Chapter 1: Move in day

It was the last week of summer and I was currently spending my last free days of torture moving into a house I didn't wanna live in. I was spending the last week I should be spending with friends, alone in a place i just moved into.

Ugh.

I'm sure my anger was evident in my face because my mom looked at me with a grin on her face "oh lighten up honey, I'm sure you'll make a lot of friends here"

I turned my face to look at her "I don't want new friends mom! I want my old friends. I hate starting over. I hate that we always have to move just when things are going right for me".

My mom rolled her eyes and said with an annoyed face "stop being so dramatic, this is where you're suppose to be. There's a reason for everything." Although she was right, I couldn't help feel lonely seeing as senior year started in a week.

I sighed, letting out a blow that caused the strands of hair on my face to fly everywhere. I just hope this goes well.

••••••••••

It was a long day of moving boxes from the move in truck and into the house. I plopped myself on my bed. I was pretty tired and it was only 9 o'clock. "Ugh, I have to do something, it's summer. I have the right to enjoy my last week of freedom even if I'm not with my friends back at home" I said to myself.

By the way, yes I tend to talk to myself sometimes, I like to think its a normal thing... Just go with it.

After contemplating what I could do, I finally decided that if I was going to do something, it would have to be NOW.

I jumped off the bed and walked to the mirror. I pulled my straight hair into a messy bun, applied a little bit of mascara and lipstick. I took a final look and was happy with the outcome.

I was wearing a black lace bralette and black high waisted skinny jeans with my black and white converse. I smiled. This would defiantly do for a casual night of adventure.

I didn't bother saying goodbye to my parents, they weren't really on my good side right now anyways. I walked past their door and made my way down the stairs. Now what should I do?

I walked around the kitchen in circles trying to figure out what I could do. "Maybe I'll think better if I go outside."

I walked out the front door and the summer air filled my body. It's such a beautiful night, if I end up going back upstairs and into my room because of my lack of imagination and impulse, I'll be upset.

As I was walking out, a huge white swing that came with the house caught my attention. I decided to go and sit there while I thought of something to do.

After what seemed like hours of just sitting down, I looked around my surroundings. This was a beautiful neighborhood now that I actually pay attention to it. All the houses weren't far away from each other. It's like there was a house then grass then another house and so on. Not even a gate or fence to separate the houses. I guess I was totally in a trance that I didn't notice a ridiculously hot boy staring at me from the house next door.

Oh god. He's so hot, why is he looking at me??? Oh my god I'm getting nervous. Should I look away? Okay yes, he probably thinks your a freak for staring with no emotion at him.

He started walking towards me or was he? Maybe there's somebody else he's looking at? Psh, I'm not the only one in this world. I looked all around and saw no one in sight but me and him.

He was getting closer and I was screeching really loudly in my head!

He finally stopped in front of me. He was an average height. He had white skin, dark brown hair that framed his face perfectly, and hazel green eyes. He's so pretty, not fair.

"Are you my new neighbor?" He said suddenly as he stood mere inches away from me.

"Oh me?" I laughed awkwardly. Ugh of course you Veronica who else? *hand palm to face* "yes I just moved in today"

he laughed and omg it was a beautiful laugh, I wanted to lick him. Oh geez Veronica, snap out of it and act casual.

He sat next to me on the swing "mind if I sit down?" He said.

"Oh no not at all, what are you doing home on a summer night?" I asked.

He turned to look at me and gave me a small smirk, "I was just about to leave but I couldn't help but notice the beautiful lady that sat alone on a summer night, as you call it"

I smiled down to myself and said "oh well you see, I wouldn't normally be home right now but I haven't made any new friends here so this is why I'm sitting on a swing. I was trying to come up with something to do"

he looked at me and smiled "care to go for a spin then?"

I almost jumped up in excitement. I tried to play it cool but I'm sure he knew just how eager I was. I finally answered him with a wink "okay show me just how fun California can be" he laughed and said "follow me."

We walked towards his house and I noticed there was a black Harley sitting pretty on his driveway. I love bikes, there's something about them that make my adrenalin rush. Of course I had never been on one but it was my goal in life.

We kept walking and stopped in front of the bike, he turned to look at me. "Now before I let you sit on my baby, how about I get your name, neighbor" he said as he sat on his bike and passed me the spare helmet he had.

"My name is Veronica" I said as I giggled and let my bun down and put the helmet on my head.

He didn't say anything back, he was just staring at me as I pulled my hair down. Oh god, what if my hair looks gross, I mean I did put it up for a reason. My mind was somewhere else thinking up a storm for why he was just staring at me without saying a word.

He finally broke the silence and said giving me a smirk "well my name is Kyle, now hop on the bike."