Chapter 4

Recap : Paige was curious as to what happened to Leo and his disappearance. And Jessie was warned by a mystery girl, telling her that someone's planning to kill her and a few other people.

Paige Summers

I frowned, " Does his parents know?"

Ms. Lavender shook her haid softly, "I'm afraid not. Apparently his parents were out of town for a very important business meeting,"

I raised my eyebrows in shock, " So, they don't care about the fact that their only son is practically kidnapped?"

Ms. Lavender and I have been discussing this matter for almost half an hour now. I was well aware that I've missed my next class, but neither of us decided to bring that up. I really wanted to know how this Leo kid got kidnapped last night. It wasn't on the news last night, no wonder his parents never knew. But when I said that to Ms. Lavender, she said that someone called Leo's parents and blackmailed them. Their neighbors, who evidently heard some kind of noise had thought it was some kind of racket Leo was making. But their assumption backfired when they heard someone yell out a 'help' . They immediately called 911 and reported the scene. The police was said to arrive a little late after the call but found no one inside the house. But what they did found was a recorder that Leo used that night.

" I don't think it's any of our business to interfere with the incident, Paige, " Ms. Lavender frowned. As if on cue with her dismissal, the school bell shrilled,annoyingly making it echo through the classroom's thin concrete wall.

I sighed,"Okay then, I guess I should be going now," I smiled slightly as I gather up my things and slowly made my way towards the door.

"Oh! Um Vendy?" I asked right before I was about to leave, she looked up from her desk and raised a questioning brow, "You said they found a recorder?"

She intertwined her fingers and frowned a bit, " Yeah, well that's what I've heard at least,"

"What's in it?" My eyes grew wide in excitement.

"I'm not really sure, since it was misplaced right after they found it," She looked at me guiltily

"How is that even possible?" I asked, frowning in confusion.

"Sadly, I don't know myself, Paige," She smiled tightly, I only nodded in response and waved a goodbye to her.

---

David Brailson

I ran as fast as I could, breathing heavily as I near the end of the track. I gripped my waist as I jog to a stop. A bunch of my teammates pat me in the shoulder as they all slowly walk towards the shower room. I grabbed my water on a side bench and sat down for a while, knowing that the showers would be pretty much occupied. And I really didn't want to be there, since all they talk about mostly was girls and some stupid parties. I mean, I'm a guy and I understand that that's part of being one but I still have respect with girls and I don't wanna label them as just a fling or a toy.

After a few minutes, I finally drank the rest of the water in my bottle and stood up to walk towards the shower room.

I was about to open the door when I noticed a girl sitting alone on the bleachers. I never would've noticed her if it wasn't for her clothers. There was nothing wrong with it, but the color "black" was just way too blunt. I frowned, momentarily wondering what she was doing here alone. I frankly remembered that no one was on the field, even the bleachers, except for the soccer team and the chearleaders. Which I highly doubt that she's a part of. No offense, but she doesn't look like that kind of girl.

I frowned and craned my neck a little so that I could see her face fully, but i failed miserably because it was covered by her black hoodie. I backed up a little and almost tripped as I accidentaly stepped on a ball. I crouched and placed it in my hands. I held it and saw the letter 'b' on the side.

Frowning, I slowly turned it sideways and almost gasped at the words written on the ball.

'Beware'

Looking up once more, I desperately searched for the girl. But found no one in the bleachers.

---

Author's Note:

Just a filler :) [ not edited ]