Chapter 3

Paige Summers

I reluctantly made my way towards Ms. Lavender's table. I glanced around,noticing that almost everyone was out of the room. As soon as the last of them was out, I glanced up to see Ms. Lavender fixing her things on her table, completely oblivious of my presence. I cleared my thoat quietly, hoping to catch her attention. Which failed, by the way. She was too engrossed on her things that she didn't hear my footsteps.

I cleared my throat louder this time and said, "Ms. Lavender?"

A startled gasp escaped from her lips, clearly shocked that someone stayed behind her room , " Ms. Summers!" she exclaimed, almost toppling over her chair.

I grimaced, worried that she might lecture me for scaring her like that, " I'm so sorry, Ms. Lavender!"

Once she regained her balance, she cleared her throat and said, " Ms. Summers,how many times do I have to tell you to call me Vendy when we're alone," she looked at me with mock disappointment.

My eyes widened for a second, shocked that she didn't scold me , "So you're not mad?"

She frowned,"Now why would I get mad?" she chuckled amusedly

"Cause you almost fell off your chair because of me!" I said defensively, and a little nervous for reminding her. Dear mind, next time just go with the teacher's flow, I mentally slapped myself for being so dumb

She smiled, "Paige, it's fine!" I sighed in relief, " But, I now denounce you from doing such artifice in my room,is that understood?"

"Yes, Ms. Lave- " I was about to say Ms. Lavender but when I caught the look she was giving me, I changed it " Yes, Vendy"

She smiled, " Great! Now why were you here again? You do know that class has ended ten minutes ago,right?" she raised her perfectly shaped eyebrow

For a twenty-nine year old, Ms. Lavender is very pretty and looks very young for her age. When she first got here, the majority of us actually thought she was a new transfer student, but shockingly she's actually a teacher. Her blonde hair always seems to be shining, and whenever I pass by, I could always smell her strawberry perfume. She's 5"7 but she always wear heels. I asked her once about it, and she said that she really feels confident whenever she's wearing a pair of heels. For a beautiful woman like her, boys are bound to have an attraction towards her. But she said, she's not really interested of having a relationship right now. It's kind of weird being friends with a teacher, but with the two of us, we describe our friendship as something bigger than sisterhood.

"I'm actually wondering about the dance?" I said, hoping that she didn't caught my lie.

She raised an eyebrow, knowing fully that that was not the question I was truly aiming for,but let go of it nonetheless," Well..the dance is this friday,which is two days from now, so you better have a proper dress for that."

I smiled at her," Yeah,I'll be sure to look for one"

"Good,and don't forget the mask! It is, after all , a masquerade dance" she said, wiggling her eyebrows at me

I laughed at her silliness,"Wearing a mask is the only reason I'm going anyway,"

She frowned at that,"Now, why is that?"

"I wouldn't wanna go there, with people knowing who I am! They'll probably just tease the hell out of me," I said, irritated with the way they treat me.

She smiled at me, empathy clear in her eyes,"I understand, Paige.But I still want to see you there!" she mockingly threatened," And you better be wearing a gorgeous dress"