Chapter 7

Athena's POV

Flashback

"So when's the sleepover?" I asked Carly and closed my locker. "Tonight, so bring your clothes and some snacks, I have everything else ready." She said excitedly and I chuckled. "I'll see you at six." Paige says passing by with her boyfriend. "Alright." Carly said and she grabbed my arm walking to our next class.

***

"Hey glad you came!" Carly said hugging me and I hugged back. "So my brother is gonna drive us to a restaurant later on, but meanwhile let's watch some movies." She said and I smiled nodding.

"Just a heads up, since it's a new movie and my brother wants to watch it too, you okay with that?" She asked. "No it's fine, he lives here and so do you." I said and she smiled. We walked to her living room and see her brother their standing by the TV. "Just sit for a bit, paige is on her way." She says making me sit on the couch for two.

I looked around the comfy room. "You're Athena, right?" He asked and he looked at me. "Yes that's correct." I answered and he smiled making my chest tighten up. "Ah, you're the smart one." He says and sits next to me.

"Ah, you're the brother." I said and he chuckled. "What's your full name?" He asked and I looked at him. "Athena Apollo Wright." I answered. "Are your parents mythologists?" He asked and I nodded. "Yeah my mother and father's favorites before they uh- passed away." I said and his eyes softened up.

"Who do live with now?" He asked. "With my grams." I answered and smiled. "I'm here!" Paige announced coming in and sitting on the other couch with Carly. "We kind knew you were here by your steps." Her brother said pushing play to the movie and leaning back.

***

Okay, so it's awkward right now, we already finished the new movie and now we are watching hellraiser, and right know it is showing a sex scene. You can feel the awkward in here. Like it's touchable. "I need to go to the bathroom." I said running off.

I went to the bathroom and walked in washing my hands. I looked myself in the mirror and put my very long hair in a bun. I opened the door and something pushes me back covering my mouth. Nick. He locked the door and pushes us into the shower closing the glass door.

"God you look so attractive with those shorts on." He said and lifted both my legs up to his torso. "What are you doing?" I whispered asked. "Next Friday, let me take you out." He said and I looked at him weirdly. "What time?" I asked and he smiled.

***

"Nick, if you get my message, please call me back, I love you, bye." I finished hanging up and shook my head at Carly. "He's not gonna answer until he finds him." I said and Carly got up looking around the house, she chuckled and smiled looking at a picture. I walked towards her it was a picture of me covered in mud with Nick and we were both kissing but smiling, Carly took the picture of us, because it was only picture she can take of him smiling.

"I remember this." She said and I smiled. "I only took two photos of him when he was actually smiling and not forcing it." She said and I nodded. "We gotta find him." I said and she shook her head. "It's already night, get some sleep, I'll be upstairs, goodnight." She said hugging me and I nodded.

Once I hear her door close I grab my flashlight and walk out the door with my car keys. I get into the car and begin to drive to where the house of wax was at.

Nick's POV

"Where are you?" I whispered to myself looking around the town and see the gas station. I walk towards it breaking the door open and see the basement door was opened.

I turn on my flashlight walking slowly downstairs and hear flies buzzing, I open the door to enter and a horrible hits me. I coughed and gagged, then I covered my nose. God it smells so horrible. The flies sound louder and see they're on top of something that was covered by a blanket. I made sure I covered my nose and lightly kicked the object feeling it move.

I kept the flashlight on the object and I started to lift the blanket. I ript it off and the flies noise got even more louder and they came up blocking my view, I swat them away and looked down. I fall back and tears came to my eyes.

It was Athena's body. "NO!" I yelled crawling to the body, her mouth was wide open, like if she's been screaming for help, her eyes faded into a dull color, you could see the bones through her skin, and her normal glowing tan turned rotten and grey.

"Athena." I sobbed out and shook her shoulder and I could feel her bone. "I'm so sorry." I whispered crying on her. "You're dead because of me. I'm so sorry baby, it should've been me." I said and held her hands which were holding sort of fist up on her stomach. "Please wake up." I whispered and began to cry even louder. "It's all my fault, please come back." I said looking at her.

She was wearing my white shirt and her favorite black jeans along with her converse and a sweater of mine. "I'm so sorry." I said to her. "Nick?" I hear her say and my eyes widen at her body. Did she speak? "Nick are you okay?" I hear her ask. I felt someone put their hand on my shoulder and I turned to see it was Athena, wearing a red shirt, some washed out jeans and my sweater.

"Oh my god." I said hugging her waist. She hugged me back tightly sitting down and I cried on her neck. "Am I imaginating you?" I asked quietly and she cupped my cheeks making me look at her. "I'm really here sweetie, I'm still here." She answered and I looked behind me to see the body was there. "It's wax." She said poking it. "See? I'm not dead." She said reassuringly and I nodded.

"I was just scared of it being really you, I'm scared for the first time in my life." I said and she hugged me tightly. "Let's get you out of here." She said helping me up and I grabbed her hand.

Athena's POV

It hurt me so much seeing him in pain, and seeing him scared for the first time in forever, scared me. We walked to the car and I sat him down on the passenger seat. I got in and started the car driving back. "How long have you been looking for me?" He asked looking at me. "Two hours." I answered. "Why haven't you answered your phone?" I asked him. "It died, and I took a cab here." He answered.

We drove in silence until we got home and the sun was already started to come up. I opened the front door and he closed it, then I walked into our room taking off my shoes laying in bed. I'm exhausted. He lay next to me and wrapped his arms around tangling our legs together.

***

I wake up to the sound of my alarm clock and I groan. I open my eyes fully grabbing my ugly glasses that look like Harry Potter's. I felt Nick's arm tighten around me and he groaned. "Don't move, you're so comfortable." He whispered and I smiled.

"I have to make breakfast." I said and he groaned. "Fine." He said but still held onto me. "Nick?" "Hmm?" "Can you let me go?" I asked and he let out a sigh but he pulled me on top of him. I squealed and he let out a chuckle, then I pressed my forehead against his and he smiled lightly. "God you're so beautiful." He said and I blushed. "I'll help make breakfast." He said and sat up but I was straddling him. "Okay, you're making the pancakes this time." I said and he groaned."Fine, I'll do the pancakes." He said and I got off of him. 

I grabbed my socks putting them on, since the floor was cold, and walked downstairs. "Carly?" I called and she didn't answer. Guess she's asleep. "Okay, I forgot to how to make food while you were gone." Nick said and I chuckled. "That makes my job easy." I said hugging him and he turned us around. "I really thought I lost you." He said hugging me very tightly. "I was lost for a bit, but now I'm back." I said and he smiled.