Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Desdemona stared for a moment before screaming, scrambling to her feet and quickly backing up into the corner nearest to the cage door, trembling faintly as she just stared, wide eyed.

Kiro looked at the man for a moment before blinking. "What the...?" he murmured.

The man looked at them, then back to Ashinst. "You should have known better then to have run away.... You know my days are limited and your brother is not capable of caring for the palace." he said sternly as he ripped the chains off with ease, laying his hand on Ashinst's head, making his normal clothes change to that of a pharaoh's. He sighed as he looked down.

"I don't want to go back." he mumbled quietly, looking to Desdemona for a moment.

Desdemona was hugging her arms to herself tightly and looking down and away. She trembled greatly as her short hair was just long enough to hide her face from view.

He frowned, sighing. "I won't go back." he said simply, backing away from the man, his tail lashing around as he growled faintly. "I hate it home.... You know I can't do anything there." he snapped "It's boring! I hate it! I'm a sphinx for hell's sake! I NEED freedom! Not being trapped in a damn palace all day!"

"Watch your language son!" the man snapped, his voice deep and comanding, before he turned his head and coughed violently.

Desdemona huffed, trying to calm herself. "Y-You should g-go...." she said softly, looking at Ashinst slightly. "It's b-better then being t-tortured here... Anything i-is..."

Kiro just stared at all of them.

"You don't understand." he said as he looked to her, before a high pitched voice rang in the air, calling his name. "Dammit.." he mumbled under his breath.

"Language!" the man snapped again, only to cough more. "You know your mother only misses you." he growled. 

"Well I don't miss any of you! You all smother me!" he yelled, his voice growing deep as he could already be seen changing.

Desdemona quickly looked away again, whimpering softly before falling silent again, trembling even more now. He's right. I don't understand. I never do.

"I HATE THIS HELL HOLE CALLED LIFE! I CAN'T TAKE IT! I DEMAND TO BE SET FREE!!" he suddenly bellowed, letting out a roar as he suddenly shoved the man down, claws growing on his hands before a flash of light appeared in the entire prison, the shackles vanishing and the cages opening wide as Ashinst let out another bellow, turning into a beast again before rushing out the hole in the wall, leaving the man on the ground to cough and groan.

The slaves suddenly all poured out at once, the guards shouting at each other and grabbing what prisoners they could before there was a loud roar. The dragon from earlier came rushing through, knocking down the guards as it'd been set free as well. The dragon suddenly stopped and looked at Desdemona who had yet to leave her cage. It growled deeply, lowering it head to her, making her scream and run to the back of her cage. The dragon snapped at her, trying to go into the cage but being just a bit to big to fit in the doorway as it stretched its neck, trying to get to her best it could.

"Get back now... I told you she meant no harm!" Ashinst's voice rang from nowhere as a force pushed the dragon back gently, forcing it along it's way, but nothing was there.

The dragon growled, but didn't try to go back, looking around being slamming a hole in the wall, it and a bunch of the slaves running out.

Desdemona just stood there, looking around. All the slaves had cleared out, even Kiro. And all the guards had either been killed or were unconscious from when the dragon had hit them. She was confused, not knowing where else she'd go if she left. Nobody wanted her. She slowly slid down the wall till she sat on the dirt ground. She slowly pulled her knees up to her chest, hugging them loosely as she continued to just look around and stay silent.