Chapter 5

Chapter 5

He just fell limp, his tail and wings just flopping down as he let out a small noise of surprise just before.

~

The next thing he knew, there was ringing in his ears, high-pitched and almost like screaming. His body felt heavy like lead and he was stiff.

He groaned, forcing his eyes open, not able to bring his hands to his ears as his tail curled tightly around his leg, his wings pressed tight to his back, almost like a cramp.

His vision was blurred at first, just a bundle of colors as he almost felt drugged. A coppery taste filled his mouth as if he was eating a penny and his heart pounded loudly.

He slowly closed his eyes again, the feeling reminding him of a time his brother had drugged him in one of his attempts to kill him, making him suddenly shoot up with a noise, shaking his head frantically in attempt to clear it, before groaning at a splitting headache, holding his head.

There was a small, faint squeak that was heard through the ringing in his ears, something grabbing his shoulders softly and gently before slowly pulling him back down into a laying position. He could tell his head was propped on something, though it didn't exactly feel like pillows.

He stiffened at the feeling, looking around wildly as his tail lashed about, panic still rushing though him as his breathing was quick and frightened almost, not able to see or hear making him go crazy practically.

There was another faint squeak, his head jolting up slightly from whatever he was laying on. A soft hand laid on his tail to keep it still. A sharp pain surged through his body from his moving, another hand running through his hair gently.

He stiffened at the feeling, before relaxing a bit, always enjoying the feeling of a hand gently through his hair as he sighed a bit, calming back down as he remembered he was in a safe place, still looking around with his eyes though.

The pain slowly ended, the ringing in his ears faded and his heartbeat not so loud. His gaze eventually cleared as he found himself staring up at a friendly, familiar face. "It's okay."

He relaxed entirely at the familiar face, slowly forcing a small smile to his face as he made a small noise, seeming to helpless and vulnerable still.

Dessy smiled back with calm eyes, bending down and laying her lips to his forehead gently before slowly pulling back. "No more fever." she said softly and sweetly.

He tensed a bit at the feeling, blushing just a bit, before just sighing, glad he wasn't feeling so terrible anymore.

He now realized he was laying on her lap, her hand gently moving through his hair as if he were a fragile newborn.

He didn't seem to care, still rather tired as he only purred slightly, closing his eyes as he pressed to her hand a bit, breathing calm and easy again.

"You feeling any better?" she asked, her voice soft and caring like always.

He nodded a bit, opening his eyes again to look at her, still a bit glassy, though not as much as earlier as he hummed a bit. "Yes." he said softly.

Her smile grew. "Good. I was getting worried when you started freaking out."

He made a noise. "Sorry.... Not being able to see or hear like that makes me a bit... unsettled." he said with a nervous chuckle, shrugging a bit.

She only hummed. "That was just the berry healing your body. You woke a bit too early for it to completely finish."

He nodded a bit in understanding, though said nothing, still a bit tired as he only smiled faintly.