Chapter 3

Chapter 3

He let out a surprised noise, snorting as he backed up, spooked before running another way, to the house.

Desdemona didn't stop running, even after her legs began to tremble and her lungs burned. Every part of her screamed 'stop', but she didn't. She couldn't. Not until she cried out, tripping over something and was sent rolling and tumbling down a rather steep hill.

She suddenly hit something big and furry, a deep, angry grumble erupting as she did so as a big beast glared at her, though it wasn't a sphinx, in fact she didn't know what it was, nothing of it looked like any sort of animal she'd seen before, other then a pressed snout like a pug's with fangs coming from it's lower jaw as it snorted, about the size of the larger sphinx she'd seen earlier.

She stared up at it with tired-looking eyes before they closed and she fell limp.

The creature growled, not looking happy as it sniffed at her, nearly sucking her up as it did so, before it opened it's mouth, looking ready to eat her before an angry hiss burst from nowhere, making it stop and look around, it's eyes wide before it took off, a loud yelp heard as Ashinst tackled it, before letting the strange beast run off with it's tail between its legs like a dog.

She opened one of her eyes, having obviously been playing dead before she tried to get up, only to be scooped up by what seemed to be a griffin as it took off into the air.

Ashinst looked up, growling before taking off, tackling the griffin harshly, hissing before scratching at it violently, hitting it in the face before somehow managing to snatch Desdemona away with his big paws, holding her carefully as he flew towards the ring as fast as he could, not looking at her though as if scared to make eye contact or something.

The griffin let out a screeched cry before turning and following after them quickly swiftly.

"What the hell's wrong with you?!" Desdemona suddenly snapped, growling at Ashinst.

He made a noise, turning confused as he flew to the ring and set her down quickly, landing a bit off as he kept his gaze down, having a feeling whatever he'd done was wrong as he said nothing.

The griffin landed just outside the ring, its wounds bleeding heavily as it looked to bring no harm, suddenly turning human to reveal Kiro. "Dessy..." he murmured, looking at Desdemona who immediately turned human herself and ran up to him, hugging him tightly.

Ashinst cringed, mentally kicking himself again as he turned human himself, though said nothing and just sat there, his back turned to them and his head low as if waiting to be yelled at or hurt.

"Here." Desdemona murmured, handing Kiro one of the fruits she'd given Ashinst. He nodded and put it in his mouth, swallowing it before shivering slightly, his wounds healing and the blood gone from the outside of him, just like it'd done to Ashinst.

Desdemona sighed, smiling slightly as she hugged Kiro again, him hugging her back as his wings ruffled slightly.

"It's okay." he murmured, glancing over at Ashinst before kissing the top of Desdemona's head.

He just sat there, before slowly standing up. "I'm sorry." he muttered, loud enough for them to hear as he started to walk to the house, before stoping cold, looking up as the sphinx from earlier was seen flying overhead again, looking down at them with a hiss and almost an evil smile as it landed with a thump, slowly taking it's time towards Desdemona and Kiro, growling as it did so.

Kiro bristled, growling deeply before Desdemona pulled him inside the ring with her, knowing they'd be safe. Desdemona payed no mind to the sphinx as she pulled Kiro by the arm, going over to Ashinst quickly as he could tell she was slightly frightened by the sphinx.