5 years later

Hi wonderful people of the wattpad-world!

On the 20th of September 2015, 1 week ago, I celebrated my 5th cancer survival. On this day five years ago I was declared completely cancer free.

It reminded me of this story and I thought I might add a new part because of this "event".

First of all I wanted to answer some questions that I got asked:

How old are you now and what are you doing?
I am 19 years old and I'm turning 20 in December. I'm currently doing an apprenticeship as a media designer.

Did anyone else in your family have cancer?
My granddad died of lung cancer three month before I was born. He got it because he was smoking. My grandma did have a Struma (a benign tumor in your neck, nothing dangerous at all) when she was 40. I don't think though that those two things increased the chance for me to get cancer. It was just bad luck.

What did that radioactive pill taste like?
It actually tasted like nothing. I didn't leave it in my mouth for more than a second or something because the doctor said I had to swallow it as fast as I could. That scared me of course and that's why I didn't try to find out what it tasted like.

I heard from so many people who suffer, survived or know someone with cancer through your comments and messages. I'm so happy that I could help a lot of you to cope with your different situations a bit better. I love to talk to you all and to hear your stories. You're all warriors. You're a warrior if you go through it yourself, you're a warrior if you know someone who goes through cancer and you're a warrior if you survived. You're all so strong and wonderful and I'm happy that I got to know you all a little bit.

I reread part 7 about the remembering and admiring. I have to say that now I don't really agree with myself about some things that I wrote. When I wrote this part I was really sorry for myself and thought it was unfair and stuff. I don't know... But right now I know that you get what you give. For every person their hardest time and their biggest pain is the worst for them in their life. You can't imagine something being worse than that. And everyone should get comfort and an infinite amount of hugs for that particular thing. Because that's the most horrible thing for them. For me it's cancer, for someone else it's a broken arm. Of course I still think that you shouldn't cry about a little injury in front of someone who's gone or going through a horrible illness all the time but giving people like that some comforting hugs will give you something back.

Yeah Part 7 is a really self-pity chapter... I hope you forgive me haha...

I want to thank all of you for the huge amount of love and hugs you gave me in the comments. I want to thank you for all the reads and eye-opening stories you told me about. I'm glad that I helped a lot of you and I can say that a lot of your experiences helped me too.

Stay strong!

Lots of Love,
Kristina