Chapter 12 - Fights

[Amelin's POV]

"You don't hate me, right?" I asked Daddy the next morning at the table diring breakfast.

Poppa had to go early to run some errands before work.

He sighed and held my hands. "How could I ever hate you? You're my daughter, my little girl, and I will always love you," he said.

I sniffled and looked down.

"You have to promise me that you will never do this to yourself again. I don't want to get a call one day saying that you almost or did bleed to death. I don't know how I'll be able to live without you, how Poppa will manage," He said.

I sniffled as tears fell down my cheeks, he reached up and wiped them away with his thumb, pulling me into his arms.

"I'm sorry, Daddy," I sobbed.

"Its okay, don't cry, honey," he comforted as he hugged me. "Its okay."

We pulled back and he dried up my face.

"Don't cry, okay? I'm not mad. I was like you at your age, and was for a while," he said, pulling up his sleeve to show fading white scars. My eyes widen as I ran my finger across the pale lines.

"When i met your Poppa was when I didn't want to do. Finding you in that dumpster, all tiny and scared, little white fuzz on your head," he smirked, ruffling my hair and making me giggle a bit as he smiled. "You and Poppa helped me stop forever."

I smiled. "I'm gonna try and stop, Daddy. I promise, I'm gonna try," I said.

"If you ever get urges, just come to me, we'll do something to distract from the thought, okay?" He said.

I smiled and nodded. "Okay."

He smiled. "Okay. Now, I have to go file in this case and I will be back right before lunch time. Call if anything happens," he said, kissing my forehead, his five o'clock shadow tickling my skin. "Just take it easy and rest up, eat something, okay?"

I nodded. "Okay. Bye, Daddy."

"Bye, sweetie," He smiled as he got  his jacket on, putting some papers in his briefcase that sat on the counter, and then closing it before grabbing his phone and car keys and leaving.

I sighed and sipped my orange juice.

I really should try and stop my self harming.

What can I do to stop an urge right now?

I can do some art?.......... I don't have an inspiration right now.

Write something? ........ Can't think of anything.

Television? ...... Nothing good on TV right now.

......... But I guess I can watch Netflix. Once Upon a Time just got updated with a new season.

I got another glass of juice and went over to the TV, turning Netflix on.

I watched a few episodes before deciding to take a shower and watch some more.

I admit, I am a shower freak. Don't know, I just like it.

I pulled on some black leggings with a white v-neck and a Pierce the Veil crewneck shirt, my hair in a messy bun and my black rimmed glasses.

I have contacts, but I wear my glasses at home.

I watched some TV when my Daddy came home and we had lunch.

"There's solid evidence, it could even be taken to court," he said. "You couldn't swim, you left the scene with injuries, and they have beaten you before, right?" he said.