Chapter 7- Movies

The day after David visited me in the hospital I was released. I had an appointment scheduled over spring break just to make sure everything was fine with me. 

I was released on a Saturday which was pretty convinient since all I wanted to do was rest. Every once in a while I would get a text from a friend asking how I was or a Facebook message wishing me well. It was nice to have some positive attention from my :friends and my peers.

I woke up Sunday to a text from David:

David: How ya feelin Allie?

Me: Just a little tired but pretty good:) 

David: Glad to hear it.. you doin anything later?

Me: Nope!

David: I really wanted to go see the movie Silver Linings Playbook in the theater before it goes out. None of my friends wanted to see it. My mom could buy our tickets and then she'll be meeting friends at a different movie so we can just hang out at ours.

Me: That sounds like a lot more fun than laying on the couch all night :)

David: Want to see the 6:00 showing?

Me: Yeah that sounds good!

David: Cool I'll meet you there?

Me: Yep see ya.

I suddenly became overwhelmed as I realized that I was going to be hanging out with David. David! The one who I never dreamed of even talking to on a regular basis.

It was about 5:45 when I got there and I didn't see him yet. I looked outside at the sky. The sun was beginning to set and it was beautiful. 

While gawking at the sun I felt a shadow come over me from behind. I turned around and there he was. 

"Hey how ya feelin?" He smiled. "I'm good," I smiled back. 

His mom quickly walked past us in a rush to the ticket window. "I'll take two tickets to Silver Linings Playbook and one for Lincoln." She said. 

"Are you sure I can't pay?" I asked David. "No it's fine she's always going on about how she wants me to hang out with nicer people. She's really happy to pay trust me." He joked.

I smiled. We walked into our theater and sat down. Every once in a while during one of Bradley Cooper's funny lines he would look over at me while he laughed. We had a really great time.

After the movie got out David went on and on about the plot of the movie and how well Jennifer Lawrence played her part and this and that and that and this. I was happy though, I hardly ever even hung out with my own friends, they never invited me anywhere.

Seeing Lincoln was still playing and his mom would potentially be another 45 minutes we texted his mom and walked across the parking lot to a nearby Caribou Coffee. Seeing the sky now dark but speckled with little glowing dots I looked at him, "Aren't the stars just great tonight?" "Yeah," he said smiling at me. We kept walking in the dark and I could hear my own teeth chattering. He put his arm around my shoulder without any words and continued to walk. I moved in a little closer to him as we walked feeling a little bit warmer with every step.

After a long trek to the coffee shop we walked in and ordered some hot chocolates. 

"I'm not really a coffee person," he said sipping his drink. "Me neither. They make really good smoothies here though!" I said taking a sip of mine. 

We talked for a little while until we saw his mom pull up. She gave me a ride home and the whole time I sat quietly smiling.

"Thanks for the ride" I said getting out of the car once we had reached my house.

"No problem, I'll talk to you later," David waved.

I walked into my house and crashed on my bed. I lay there that night thinking about him. I decided maybe I liked him after all.