Prologue

By the fireplace was standing form of Elijah in a suit, like always. He was drinking the 1947 bourbon, glass in his right hand and a picture on his other hand, the picture were sketched by his brother Niklaus, he may be evil but he has talents. The picture portrayed Elena Gilbert, the girl that he wanted ever since he met her at the old plantation where Rose-Marie wanted to make a deal with after running for five hundred years. He knew that soon, she would be his when he leaned down to smell her neck. He drank another mouthful of bourbon, if she wasn't wrapped up with Salvatores, or wasn't dating one of the Salvatore brothers. He would probably take her and hide her where no one will find her or him, he lied about keeping her safe for Niklaus but what he really wanted was keeping her all to himself.

There were a knock on his door, he turned around, and he heard the sound of the soft beating of her heart, that he came to love.

He smiled, then he sat his bourbon down on the table and grabbed his blazer.

The door opened to reveal Elena, she smiles shyly, "Hi! I was wondering if we could talk?" She ask, "Well if you don't mind, I would like to take you somewhere private. I wouldn't want my siblings overhear our conversation." He closes the door behind him, she nods.

They drove in his black Mercedes to his studio apartment. He pulled into the driveway, and turned off the ignition, he opened the door for Elena like a gentleman. She smiles and takes the hand that Elijah was holding out for her, "Thank you." She said while pushing some loose strands back behind her ear.

He opened the door of his apartment, and turned the light switch on. Elijah lead Elena to the living room, and took the coat off of her body, revealing her dress. He stifled the gasp of burning sensation that was growing in his stomach, it's a need to claim what was his.

He suppressed his need for Elena until Elena tells him so, he knew that Elena is falling for him, cue the blushes, flirtatious conversations between themselves, and always turning to him when she needs help.

He went to his fridge and grabbed two bottles of beer, and opened both of them.

Elena took one from his offered hand, "Thank you." She smiles, he smiled back. There were a moment of silence, until Elena blurts, "Jeremy can't live with me, Damon wanted me to kill people, Caroline flat out admitted that she doesn't like me this way and-" she cut off with a hesitation pause, "And what? You know that you could tell me anything." He said gently, "I don't want to burden you with my love life." She said, "Nonsense, I'm here to listen." He chided her with a soft voice, "Stefan broke up with me." She said shyly, "I was supposed to get heartbroken by the breakup but it feels like my shoulders has been lifted." She muttered, "Does that makes me a bad person?" She asked.

Elijah shook his head, "Lovely Elena, no it doesn't make you a bad person, but I do know that your relationship with him would probably going to end as soon you were transition into a vampire." After all he's the one who practically drove Elena and Stefan apart and he knew that Katerina told Stefan that he's the one who's going to be in her life.

"Do you want to know something else? About Elena and what's her future is going to look like?" Katherine ask after Stefan and she discussed about Klaus, Stefan looks at her with curiosity, "You and Elena will end up Bye-Bye." She mocked, "There is going to be a man in her life, that is destined to be with her forever, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if it's starting already." She shrugged, Stefan lean close, "And do you know the man?" He asked, "No, I don't. But I do know his last name, I have to warn you, you cannot interfere their relationship or else he'll kill you because all he wants was Elena to love him completely without any pieces of you and Damon in her heart. I think they would be a perfect match, the Petrova Fire and the Mikaelson attitude." She smirks, Stefan glares, "Is there anything that I could stop that from happening?" Katherine shakes her head, "No you can't, the future is set in stone." "you're lying." He spat, "Why would I lie about Elena's future if it's already happening." She smirks. Then they both heard a bang.

"Elena..." Elijah whispers, Elena spoke up, "Elijah, why are you here, in Mystic Falls, I know I'm not the only your responsibility, it's more than that, isn't?" Elijah leans back on the couch, he sighs. "The reason why I came back even you think there is nothing left for me to be here, you're wrong, I came back for you." He looks at her while loosening the tie, she reached over and loosing more of it. "I'm surprised, I do recall that you said that it's a mistake that you would care for another Petrova." She purred, but it went silent, then Elijah spoke, "I lied." then she got up.

"It might changes things between us." She warned, he looked at her, smiling.
"If we do this, you have to know that I don't share my lovers, especially you." He said seriously, "What do you know? I don't share either, now you never told me that you like me in this dress." She smirks, he got up, and she turned her back towards him. "Help me get out of this dress?" She asked, he came up behind her and then he slowly moved her her long hair to the side, and then unfastened the zipper. He stared at her bare back, then he moved the shoulder straps down and pulling towards him at the same time, she gasped, he was kissing and biting her neck. Then his hand wrapped around her throat, trying to get more. She stopped him, she turned around, they both looked into each other's eyes then they kiss for the first time.