Summer Sin

Prologue

            “Murderer,” screamed Lady Sophia, “Y-you killed her, you killed my sister!” Why were these memories coming to him, how many years had it been? The past had to be forgotten, that’s why he had left.

            A knock brought him back to reality, “Damn this!” he let the frustration evaporate before he did anything. “What is it?” he asked his voice sounding calmer than how he felt.

            “My lord, the Duke of Wolverstone is here to see you.” said his servant, Bill.

            “Thank you Bill, let him in.” He stood and waited for his friend. The door opened and in came Sebastian, the Duke of Wolverstone.

            “Cornwall, long time no see.” Wolverstone shook his hand, “before you even ask I want to tell you why I’m here. I’m going back to my home were I belong. You should do the same we have been running for too long. It has been six years for you and five for me. Don’t you miss your family?”

            He inwardly groaned he missed everything his home, his family, and his friends. “You know I miss them, but I left to save them. I don’t plan on going back on what I did. My family is better off without me.”

            “Well, I will be leaving tomorrow afternoon, if you wish to come along you know were to go. I’m sure though that Gisselle will be happy to see her big brother. Have a good evening.” He left without another word to him.

            Damn Wolverstone for making him think of his family, of his past. “Lady Jasmine has been found dead” were the words spoken to him by his brother, Charles, “She was murdered in her own bed. Brother, you were the last to be seen with her, did you do this?” The news was horrible and it seemed that all fingers pointed to him.

He had been courting her just a few moths earlier, and now she was dead. At the funeral Jasmine’s sister had openly accused him. “Murderer,” screamed Lady Sophia, “Y-you killed her, you killed my sister!” tears streamed down her face, everyone around them grew silent and just looked at them.

            After that accusation he had decided to leave, he didn’t want to risk his family’s reputation. His sister, Gisselle, had begged him not to go told him soon everyone would forget. He left and bowed never to go back.

            He had to decide whether to leave this new home that would never feel like his old home. Pictures of his brothers and sister flashed before his eyes. “Damn, Wolverstone” he roared, “Bill, pack our bags were going home.” These next hours were going to be the most frustrating in his life.