Chapter 6--An Unwanted Visitor

Chapter 6

"Hey!" A voice shouted above Shayla's head. Her lashes fluttered as she struggled to regain conciousness.

"WAKE UP!" The voice was now next to her ear as someone slapped her across the face.

"What the hell?" She mumbled, raising a hand to shield her now-open eyes against the sunlight. How long had she been out? She asked herself this and several other questions. One in particular seemed very important. Who was this guy crouched down next to her?

"'Bout time. I've been yelling at you for like twenty minutes." As he spoke, he stood up and backed away to let her get up.

"Who are you? And why are you on my porch?" There were two good questions.

"Is this the Cooper residence?" She stood up and walked to her door, in a hurry to get inside and away from this annoying man. She opened her door and looked over her shoulder to answer.

"Yes, it is. You can go now." Just as she entered her home and started to close the door, he stuck a foot inside.

"Good. Then you must be Shay." He walked right past her and into her living room, leaving her flabbergasted in his wake.

"My name is Shayla. Not Shay. And get out of my house." She followed after him and found him kicked back on her couch with his feet on the coffee table.

"So? It's either Shay or Lala. Your choice." He answered with a smirk. She walked around to the front of her couch and stopped to look at the offending man.

His hair was cut short, and a beautiful shade of brown. His features were perfect, far as she could tell. His eyes were the kind of blue a girl could drown in. His jeans were loose, but his t-shirt was just tight enough to draw her eye to his muscles. Not too much muscle, but just enough to make a girl drool. He was oh, so hot. And he was most defenitely a bad boy. The smirk on his face grew as though he knew exactly what she was thinking.

"See somethin' you like?" With a scowl on her face she walked over to him and knocked his feet off of her coffee table.

"No. I don't. I see an annoying man, one that I don't know, may I add." She gestured towards her front door, still standing open, and gave him a get-out-now-or-die look.

"Whatever. You're a witch I hear. I'm here to help you train." She hastily picked her jaw up off of the floor, cocked her hips to the side and crossed her arms.

"You're nuts. Get out." Her anger level began to grow and that same haze from last night took over.

He kicked his feet back on the coffee table and smirked, showing her he wasn't going anywhere.

"And get your feet off my table!" She shrieked and a gust of wind blew through her house. His feet flew off the coffee table with such force that he nearly fell to the floor.

She watched as the haze faded away and he walked over to her. He leaned in so close she could smell his cologne. For just a second, she thought he might kiss her. Then she was horrified to realize she kind of wanted him to. All of her dreams were dashed and he leaned past her mouth to her ear. "Told you so." His hot breath tickled her neck as he moved away and sent shivers down her spine.

She was so frustrated at and strangely attracted to this man that she fled the room in a hurry. She couldn't be a witch. That stuff is only in fairytales. She leaned across the counter in the kitchen and took a steadying breath.

"Actually, it's real. Most fairytales are." That seductive voice answered her unspoken thoughts from right behind her. For the second time, as she turned and the world turned on it's head, the floor rushed to meet her. Before she lost conciousness she felt a strong pair of arms catch her and wondered how he knew what she was thinking.