Chapter 5

Next day... at school.........

"Phoenix come over here!" my group of friends yell at me when I walk into Mr. Adams.

"Look you're famous now" says Kaia showing me the computer. I read "Jacoby Shaddix has a DAUGHTER!" i scroll though the page and there are pictures of him and I on stage and the video of the stage and him and I at the meet and greet.

"Okay...." I say

"So tell us all about it'" says Alexandria (Alex)

"It was awesome but now it feels like i'm missing something. Like being with him feels so normal. Like I have a family but now it was just like once in a lifetime thing. The high is gone." i say

"Class take your seats. Who wants to be the first one to present?" asks Mr. Adams

"I will" i said.

I walk up the the front and pull up my slideshow on the computer.

"So if you know well now you will know i saw my father yesterday. So no I didn't use a website." I say

"Anyways this is the story of my father....." i start out.

Everyone claps at the end. I just nod my head. I talked about mostly everything that has happened between him, I, and his demons. After I logged out I was going back to my seat and I look up. There he was. The man himself. Jacoby Shaddix. I go up to him and hug him.

"That was amazing Kota(my nickname)" Jacoby says.

"Thanks" I said smiling up at him. I back away and my teacher Mr.Adams walks up to him.

"I'm Ben" he says to Jacoby.

"I'm Jacoby" he says shaking his hand.

"Glad you could be here" Mr.Adams replies.

"Same here" Coby says messing with my hair. I swat at him. He just laughs. Then I think thank god Coby is here I can leave school now :).

"You ready to go ?" Jacoby asks me

"Hell Yeah!" i say grabbing my stuff and ran to the door."What are you waiting for let's go!"

We get into the car he rented which was a 2013 Black Camaro.

"So what are you doing here?" i ask him

"My day off and the band is playing in Traverse at Streeters anyways.

"Awesome! Did you tell mom you were going to pick me up?"

"It was her idea in the first place" He says

"Cool" I text mom saying I'm with Coby Jack.

"What we going to do??" I ask

"Let's go to Traverse and just wander I guess"

"Okay let's go get something to eat once we get there"

"Sure." It's about a 45 minute drive from Bear Lake. So what in the world are we going to talk about. Like this will be the first time that we are actually alone together in person. Kinda awkward but I guess we'll find out.

"So how was school?" Jacoby asks.

"Fine. It was still first hour when you got there"

"Yeah. So where do you want to go to lunch?"

"Why don't we go to the food court at the mall because we are going there anyways"

"Yeah that's fine"

"You will think the mall is the best one ever. It's so BIG" I said sarcastically. It will be probably the smallest mall he has been too. It's about the size of a small walmart. And that's small!

"Yeah sure whatever." I hook my phone up to the car to play some music.

"What do you want to listen to?"

"Doesn't matter" So I start playing Rob Zombie - Living Dead Girl

"Nice" he says. I just nod and start singing along. Next thing I know Papa Roach's song Scars come on so both of us start like screaming/singing it which was pretty funny. I video taped some on snapchat so my friends could see what we are doing.