Dawn of a vamp part 6

O serpent heart, hid with a flow'ring face!

Did ever dragon keep so fair a cave?

Beautiful tyrant! fiend angelical!

Dove-feathered raven! wolvish-ravening lamb!

Despised substance of divinest show!

Just opposite to what thou justly seem'st-

A damned saint, an honorable villain!

O nature, what hadst thou to do in hell

When thou didst bower the spirit of a fiend

In mortal paradise of such sweet flesh?

Romeo and julliet

My eyes flew open sweat beaded my brow i wiped it away with an absent finger, the night nightmares lingering in my mind, like an unpleasant after taste.

i shuddered my body ripped with violent sobs. i drew in deep lungfulls of heaven scented air. with each breath it seemed a little of my sanity returned. damien wouldnt betray us, he couldnt. i thought longingly of our little haven back home. back where i knew the world was safe and whole.

I buried my head in the pillow loosening my fingers around the little boy cradeld in my arms.

"momma" he muttered yawning his lips forming an adorable 'o', i smiled wistfully he looked so much like our father when he did that.

a flash of pain speared its way into my chest, i silenced surfacing memories thinknig of my parents only brought more pain.

"momma im so thirsty" cody whsipered wriggling out of my embrace, a twin set of fangs appeared jutting out from his upper llip i fought to repress a shudder.

"its ok honey, we'll find you something to drink i whispered back, grabbing for my wash bag, i dressed and showered quickly, not daring to linger in damiens room for a moment more, dream or no dream i wasnt quite ready to face him.

On our journey down the second flight of steps i couldnt help noticing the rows of damiens ancestors adorning the castles walls.

Each woman or man carried a haughty demeanor staring down upon us twin sets of beady eyes followed our descent down the flight of stares.

i felt a cold shiver run up my spine it felt as if i was being judged somehow. Cody clutched my hand tighter in response his little fingers gave me a reasurring squeeze.

With a jolt i realised i knew next to nothing about damiens past, who was he where had he come from?

one way or another i was determined to get some answers and i knew just the person that would answer them.

jenks. the family butler, he must had been around for centuries. a life time of servitude i shuddered did the man have nothing better to do?

Something better to occupy his time perhaps?

As i made my way to the kitchen area, i heard a series of hushed voices coming from a nearby room . I could distinctly make out the low growl of damiens voice as argued heatedly with an elderly gentlemen.

"cody baby" i said thinknig quickly, "why dont you go and find jenks, im sure he'll fix you something up" i said gently shoving cody in a general direction.

cody hesitated for a moment, clearly unhappy with this litte arangement. since we arrived at the castle id hardly seen him. always wrapped up in the fear of being discovered my thoughts a thousand miles from home.

"but momma arent you thirsty to?" he asked, i ignored the low burn in the back of my throat. last nights dream drifted into my mind, damiens hood fell past his shoulders coal black eyes met my own fevered ones cody wailed in my arms.